Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey, there was allegedly 1,500 sols at the (COMPLEX) that are apparently on there way to their destinations. Has anybody started seeing any? Would seem there would be all kinds of euphoric posts with happy folks if any made it home.....Hello..... Could they be at area 51?.........:banghead: :crazy:

·
Registered
39 Posts
I drove by the plant 3 days ago. There were more cars there then I have ever seen. 1500 seems like a reasonable number to have been in the plant lot and the back lot in total, maybe 1000. There were 2 car carriers being loaded at the time. There was a ton of activity.

I've been wanting to mention this for a while, but never found a good time. I've driven by the plant about 10 times in the last few months. I've noticed that blue, green, and white are the least popular colors so far. There aren't many envious that I can see at all. I might be confusing them with the black cars, but I don't think so. There are a decent number of white soltices. However, black and gray take the prize. It looks like red and silver fall in the middle. This last trip by the plant was great because there was so much activity outside to be seen. They have certainly stepped it up from a couple of months ago.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the information DCarson. Is this the production plant you are referring to?

·
Registered
44 Posts
As of last Friday my car VIN 2691 was still at the plant. I'm seeing posts that 4400 was built, so 2+2=4, There must be over 1500 cars at the plant. :willy:

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
58MGA said:
As of last Friday my car VIN 2691 was still at the plant. I'm seeing posts that 4400 was built, so 2+2=4, There must be over 1500 cars at the plant. :willy:
1,500 sols @ the plant = :cuss: :banghead: :cryin: :cuss: 1,500 sols owners.....

·
Registered
350 Posts
I think that a bunch of the cars have been moved into the Allied shipping yard. I know that they have my VIN on record and will be shipping on Monday.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
otalldon said:
Hey, there was allegedly 1,500 sols at the (COMPLEX) that are apparently on there way to their destinations. Has anybody started seeing any? Would seem there would be all kinds of euphoric posts with happy folks if any made it home.....Hello..... Could they be at area 51?.........:banghead: :crazy:
I don't think any one said they were on their way to their destination. I said they were lined up and looked like they were ready to ship. I didn't say the were shipped but ready to ship is what it LOOKED like. And some must have, according to post, quite a few said their's were shipped after being bayed. They can't ship 1500 cars at the same time going in different directions. I know NJ got cars, I don't know who else, but alot of people have said the trucking company has told them they are going out Monday,Tues.,Wed.. That means they will be shipped then, I would expect you will see alot of east coast cars next week, expecially those going by truck only. The ones going by train still will have the whole train ordeal to go thru.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
deluke said:
I don't think any one said they were on their way to their destination. I said they were lined up and looked like they were ready to ship. I didn't say the were shipped but ready to ship is what it LOOKED like. And some must have, according to post, quite a few said their's were shipped after being bayed. I know NJ got cars, I don't know who else.

thanks for the info deluke. I was trying to spark conversation to prove/disprove something happening. You provide alot of useful information for us people in the dark.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
otalldon said:
thanks for the info deluke. I was trying to spark conversation to prove/disprove something happening. You provide alot of useful information for us people in the dark.
Your Welcome, just trying to help with info when I can.

·
Registered
178 Posts
dcarson said:
I drove by the plant 3 days ago. There were more cars there then I have ever seen. 1500 seems like a reasonable number to have been in the plant lot and the back lot in total, maybe 1000. There were 2 car carriers being loaded at the time. There was a ton of activity.

I've been wanting to mention this for a while, but never found a good time. I've driven by the plant about 10 times in the last few months. I've noticed that blue, green, and white are the least popular colors so far. There aren't many envious that I can see at all. I might be confusing them with the black cars, but I don't think so. There are a decent number of white soltices. However, black and gray take the prize. It looks like red and silver fall in the middle. This last trip by the plant was great because there was so much activity outside to be seen. They have certainly stepped it up from a couple of months ago.

Can you take a trip back there next week and see if the lot has cleared out considerably? Deluke posted that 1500 was lined up to go so hopefully next week the lot will be almost empty.

By the way thanks to you and Deluke for your help.

·
Premium Member
585 Posts
SolsticeDesire said:
I think that a bunch of the cars have been moved into the Allied shipping yard. I know that they have my VIN on record and will be shipping on Monday.
Hey, I've got a bridge in Brooklyn for sale -- are you interested? :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Yes, I am talking about the Wilmington/Boxwood Rd plant. I'd be happy to drive by again this weekend and/or next week to check on progress. The only problem is that they keep making cars. ;) So, it is difficult to judge whether or not they are shipping a bunch of them. When I went by on Monday there was no doubt that they were shipping by truck. I don't think the train was getting loaded when I went by, though.

·
Registered
178 Posts
dcarson said:
Yes, I am talking about the Wilmington/Boxwood Rd plant. I'd be happy to drive by again this weekend and/or next week to check on progress. The only problem is that they keep making cars. ;) So, it is difficult to judge whether or not they are shipping a bunch of them. When I went by on Monday there was no doubt that they were shipping by truck. I don't think the train was getting loaded when I went by, though.

Thanks for you help. Yes it is hard to tell if any have moved so please list all the VIN's from your next trip. :)
Seriously now, thanks and we will look forward to your update. Hopefully the number of cars will be much less.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
dcarson said:

I'm not sure but I believe the ones going by train, are trucked to Lordstown then put on a train. Any one carrect me if I'm wrong.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I'm pretty sure they go by train directly from Wilmington. The tracks run right along the back lot and I have seen trains stopped there in the past. I guess it is possible that those tracks are only used for delivery of supplies, but I have seen cars lined up back there as if they were going onto the train. The disclaimer is that I have never seen any loaded onto the train.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
dcarson said:
I'm pretty sure they go by train directly from Wilmington. The tracks run right along the back lot and I have seen trains stopped there in the past. I guess it is possible that those tracks are only used for delivery of supplies, but I have seen cars lined up back there as if they were going onto the train. The disclaimer is that I have never seen any loaded onto the train.
Ya, I really don't know but will try to find out.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Any cars that are shipped by train are loaded directly on to the train right behind the plant.
Yes the parking lot is still full of Sol's but they are rolling out the back door constantly so driving by on the road you wont see any decrease in cars.
Wiz

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
ckwizard said:
Any cars that are shipped by train are loaded directly on to the train right behind the plant.
Yes the parking lot is still full of Sol's but they are rolling out the back door constantly so driving by on the road you wont see any decrease in cars.
Wiz
Thanks!

·
Registered
124 Posts
dcarson said:

For those of you with a high-spped connection, download the Google Earth program from Google | Tools. It is worth the download for just the general mapping uses. It displays excellent aerial photographs, and does a reasonable mapping job, and is a LOT of fun-- at least for us geeky types ;)

For our purposes, use the search box on the left, and put in "Boxwood Road, New Castle, Delaware" . You'll get an excellent view of the plant layout. It is not real time (obviously) but you can see the train tracks, and where the new cars are parked, the staff parking lots, carrier truck parking and infiltration points, in case you have a need to liberate your Solsitce :D

1 - 20 of 49 Posts