Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Based on responses of members here small numbers of cars are getting out but does appear to be some holding going on too.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Some must be leaving because we have had a trickle of deliveries, but it doesn't seem like too many have been let go yet.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
pwaiting said:
My dealer called this morning. They received my invoice, so I'm curious what experience others have had relative to an expected delivery time once the dealer has the invoice. I'm #295.
So far not good, I was invoiced on 8/9. Hope the bottleneck will clear and this will change as they start to pickup the pace on shipping.

Anything is possible, yours could fly right out where mine got held up for something. It's a crapshoot right now as things get settled in.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
my dealer has had my invoice for 3 weeks now and the window sticker for 2
pwaiting said:
My dealer called this morning. They received my invoice, so I'm curious what experience others have had relative to an expected delivery time once the dealer has the invoice. I'm #295.

·
Registered
37 Posts
pwaiting said:
My wife is #296, very interesting that you've received your invoice. Having heard nothing (sigh) from our dealer it sounds like its time for another follow up call to see if they have ours. :devil:

We had a build date of 8/4 and nothing so far...she does have the sand/steel interior and we're concerned that hers is in the replacement trim loop. :brentil:

Thanks for the heads up! :)
TJ

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
mine was produced on 8-2 and my invoice number is 2ad52031760 invoice on 8/5 car 128 still waiting on it they said it is on transport hold since the 16th
TJ Klise said:
My wife is #296, very interesting that you've received your invoice. Having heard nothing (sigh) from our dealer it sounds like its time for another follow up call to see if they have ours. :devil:

We had a build date of 8/4 and nothing so far...she does have the sand/steel interior and we're concerned that hers is in the replacement trim loop. :brentil:

TJ

·
Registered
51 Posts
TJ Klise said:

TJ
I really don't understand how they place build dates, etc. My build date, according to dealer, was supposed to be 8/15, yet we have consecutive VIN's. Once I got the VIN, I suspected build date MUST have been early August. Does anyone know what is going on? I'm thrilled I've got VIN and an invoice but this is just irritating.

·
Registered
600 Posts
pwaiting said:
I really don't understand how they place build dates, etc. My build date, according to dealer, was supposed to be 8/15, yet we have consecutive VIN's. Once I got the VIN, I suspected build date MUST have been early August. Does anyone know what is going on? I'm thrilled I've got VIN and an invoice but this is just irritating.
Hang in. I'll probably be the last one to get a VIN and am an EOP buyer. Just knowing VIN would keep me excited for quite awhile.

·
Registered
293 Posts
rowan1008

JCRRPZ said:
does anyone have info about cars leaving the plant or are they all on transport hold???

any info would be helpful

thanks
I was told yesterday that my car was released 20 Aug but not on a car carrier yet. I was also told last week that my car would be in 15 aug. Who knows when I will get it. y dealer told me that he would call me again Thursday of this week. VIN #0011 rowan1008

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
I'm seeing an interesting ramp up in production.

On 8/2, Pontiac produced #128. Thats from, what?, the 3rd week of July cranking up the line.
On 8/3, my vin, #158 was produced.
On 8/4, number 296 was produced.

There have been 19 days now since 296.

What number do you think there up to?

Do you think that they turned down the line speed or even shut it down?

Why hasn't number 7 been delivered?

I haven't been keeping up with posted production numbers, but it seems to me they "could have" produced 2300 or more by now.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Something Is Up??????

At first low VIN# got delivered close to the source. I was for sure others would follow and slowly the ring of delivery would spread out and more people farther away would get some. I wonder if GM is waiting for the FedEx package to arrive with "GMAC incentives" for the 1K?

·
Registered
177 Posts
Marco said:
I'm seeing an interesting ramp up in production.

On 8/2, Pontiac produced #128. Thats from, what?, the 3rd week of July cranking up the line.
On 8/3, my vin, #158 was produced.
On 8/4, number 296 was produced.

There have been 19 days now since 296.

What number do you think there up to?

Do you think that they turned down the line speed or even shut it down?

Why hasn't number 7 been delivered?

I haven't been keeping up with posted production numbers, but it seems to me they "could have" produced 2300 or more by now.
My VIN is 556 built 8/22

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Just an interesting tidbit I picked up from a Saturn dealer on Monday regarding shipping (I wasn't there about the Sky, or a vehicle for myself for that matter).

The sales manager told me that they can easily track vehicles that are shipped to their destination completely on truck. No trains. Essentially, they can find out where it is at any given moment, and it doesn't take long for it to reach the dealer from the time it leaves the plant.

Spring Hill used to ship all their cars to Buffalo by truck too.

However, they are now shipping them by train, which she said takes considerably more time from the date they leave the plant to the date they arrive, and the dealer can no longer reliably check it's location.

Worse, when they ship by train, they go to Ohio, then have to be trucked back to Buffalo. So more time is taken transferring the vehicle from rail to truck.

What does this mean for the Solstice? If your Solstice is scheduled for shipment by rail, delivery times may be considerably longer from those of Solstice's shipped by truck. Also, it will make it tougher for your dealer to find out exactly where your Sol is, until it shows up. Or at least it gets on a truck and the rail depot, which may be a couple states over itself. :willy:

I wonder if rail shipments would wait for considerably large quantities too. At least enough to fill a rail car heading to the same destination depot.

Still doesn't explain why someone like MCEB, who is very close, cannot find out why his car was built and not shipped since it most likely will be shipped by truck.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Fformula88 said:
Worse, when they ship by train, they go to Ohio, then have to be trucked back to Buffalo. So more time is taken transferring the vehicle from rail to truck.
So what about us Ohio people? Will our cars be trucked to Buffalo? :willy:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Fformula88 said:
Just an interesting tidbit I picked up from a Saturn dealer on Monday regarding shipping (I wasn't there about the Sky, or a vehicle for myself for that matter).

The sales manager told me that they can easily track vehicles that are shipped to their destination completely on truck. No trains. Essentially, they can find out where it is at any given moment, and it doesn't take long for it to reach the dealer from the time it leaves the plant.

Spring Hill used to ship all their cars to Buffalo by truck too.

However, they are now shipping them by train, which she said takes considerably more time from the date they leave the plant to the date they arrive, and the dealer can no longer reliably check it's location.

What does this mean for the Solstice? If your Solstice is scheduled for shipment by rail, delivery times may be considerably longer from those of Solstice's shipped by truck. Also, it will make it tougher for your dealer to find out exactly where your Sol is, until it shows up. Or at least it gets on a truck and the rail depot, which may be a couple states over itself. :willy:

I wonder if rail shipments would wait for considerably large quantities too. At least enough to fill a rail car heading to the same destination depot.

Still doesn't explain why someone like MCEB, who is very close, cannot find out why his car was built and not shipped since it most likely will be shipped by truck.
295 here, located about 60 miles from plant. My dealer doesn't know how it's being shipped, but it would make sense that there would be enough in the Mid Atlantic region to ship by truck directly from plant, and I assume, more cost effective. All of this being said, it must still be sitting on the lot in Wilmington for some reason.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
pwaiting said:
...it must still be sitting on the lot in Wilmington for some reason.
A certain someone who shall remain nameless said there was a small issue with the 2 tone interior, small plastic strip under the windshield wasn't the right color grey or something. They must really be keeping a close eye on these things.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.