Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I paid a $1k dpeosit on my Solstice in may 4th of this year. My salesperson told me they had been alloted 6 and I was number 5 to put a deposit down. But I keep getting the run around. So far the only options they have asked me about is the color. They have not given my a VOM, VIN or asked me to select options on the car. My sales person now wil not even reply back to me. I am wating to hear back fomr his manger but have a feeling I will get the same lack of support. is there anyway to see if my car has even been order by my name only?

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
The only way to look up a car is if you can get your VOM # from your dealer. Since you're near the end of a 4 month allocation allotment you car more then liekly hasn't been picked up by GM yet. Only those in the first couple of allotment cars have currently been picked up for dealerships.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Don't know that dealer - but Huntsville, AL has good dealer and still 2 availiable last I checked.

·
5,641 Posts
loozer69 said:
My salesperson told me they had been alloted 6 and I was number 5 to put a deposit down.
So far the only options they have asked me about is the color.
They have not given my a VOM, VIN or asked me to select options on the car.

My sales person now wil not even reply back to me. I am wating to hear back from his manger but have a feeling I will get the same lack of support.

Is there anyway to see if my car has even been order by my name only?
This doesn't look good. But it may be ok.

There have been reports here of dealers that do not enter an order into the system until it is time for an allocation (available production slot). If this is what you dealer is doing, then the fact that you haven't been asked the specifics of your order may be ok. But not many dealers do it that way. It is possible that a dealer with an Estimated First Four Month Allocation of 6 may not have seen allocated number 5 yet.

VIN numbers are not released to dealerships until the car is produced. Many dealers do use the VOMS order number themselves never mind see the reason to give it to their buyers. But with it you could have Cadillacricket track your order. So keep asking for it.

Are you sure your salesperson is still there? On the site here many have been surprised by the turnover of sales staff at the dealerships where they have ordered.

Lastly, there is no way that anyone other then the ordering dealership can check on an order by name or even without the VOMS order number.

Keep trying to get through to the Sales Manager, or even pack up and take a drive to the dealership, in person has worked better for some.

·
Registered
69 Posts
WannaSolstice said:
Don't know that dealer - but Huntsville, AL has good dealer and still 2 availiable last I checked.

Do you have their contact info??

Thanks

·
Registered
179 Posts
Info in PM

LatinGod said:
Do you have their contact info??

Thanks
Check your messages. I wasn't sure if I could post it here.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts