Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hi, i'm just getting on the solstice bandwagon, gotta have one, will be ordering one very soon, by end of month likely. can't decide on a color for sure yet. like the aggressive red a lot, but also like the envious green. anyone seen (or own) a green one yet? how dark is the green, medium emerald green or much darker? don't want anything real dark. thanks for your input

·
Registered
363 Posts
No, I almost ordered this color, but gave into Red. There is not many pics in the gallery either of Envious. Any of you guys got a Green solstice, step up and send some pics in.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
They were the chrome wheels mounted by GM at the Detroit party. Whether thats what the factory option wheels will look like, I don't know

·
Registered
404 Posts
Id buy those for an extra grand damn they make the car look sik

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
I think you'll be happy with the green

I saw one yesterday at the West Coast Meet. The pictures don't really do it justice. From what you're saying, the green sounds just right for you. In most pictures I've seen, the car looks a little more teal than it does in real life. If the paint didn't have the metal flake in it, I think the color would be a shade or two lighter than forest green/BRG. The metallic finish brightens it up pretty well without being overpowering. It looks pretty awesome in person.

·
Registered
8,667 Posts
want my solstic said:
hi, i'm just getting on the slotice badnwagon, gotta have one, will be ordering one very soon, bye end of month likely. can't decide on a color for sure yet. like the agressive red a lot, but also like the envious green. anyone seen (or own) a green one yet? how dark is the green, medium emerald green or much darker? don't want anything real dark. thanks for your input
OK, congratulations on your first post to the Forum!

Now let's talk about spelling. Editguy and I have this obsession, along with many others on the Forum, but we try to contain ourselves.

HOWEVER, you MUST learn to spell one word correctly each and every time you use it. It is Solstice!

Not solstic, not slotice, nor soltice like someone else spelled it. OK? :)

I don't care about your "badnwagon" or your "bye" the end of the month. But you spelled many other more difficult words correctly, so I presume it is usually your thumbs getting in the way of your fingers on that scrawny little keyboard, right? :)

PS: Maybe you can ask a moderator to change the spelling in your name!

·
2,574 Posts
Marco said:
They were the chrome wheels mounted by GM at the Detroit party. Whether thats what the factory option wheels will look like, I don't know
Be careful there are two different sets of chrome wheels. Those are not the standard chrome wheels you see listed with the other options. The painted m and polished aluminum style is what you get if you routinely select chrome when ordering. These are alailable but different. Check with a dealer but confirm it bylooking at a picture with a part number when ordering. Also mucho expensive but I forget how much. Someone here can probably fill the price in and maybe the part number and cost. :)

·
Registered
404 Posts
Lol damn thats wut i thought. Didnt expect those rooms to be less than a grand like the ones that u get from the factory

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
sorry! how do i correct the spelling in my name?

gizmo2004 said:

Now let's talk about spelling. Editguy and I have this obsession, along with many others on the Forum, but we try to contain ourselves.

HOWEVER, you MUST learn to spell one word correctly each and every time you use it. It is Solstice!

I don't care about your "badnwagon" or your "bye" the end of the month. But you spelled many other more difficult words correctly, so I presume it is usually your thumbs getting in the way of your fingers on that scrawny little keyboard, right? :)

you are right, i should be ashamed of myself for spelling solstice incorrectly! it has been a LONG weekend, as you will see from future posts my spelling is usually impeccable. usually when i spell incorrectly it is a right brain-left brain thing, one finger moves too fast and gets the letters out of order. how do i get a moderator to change the spelling, since I am new here i do not know the proper procedure.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
sorry gizmo, you missed a word

want my solstic said:
you are right, i should be ashamed of myself for spelling solstice incorrectly! it has been a LONG weekend, as you will see from future posts my spelling is usually impeccable. usually when i spell incorrectly it is a right brain-left brain thing, one finger moves too fast and gets the letters out of order. how do i get a moderator to change the spelling, since I am new here i do not know the proper procedure.
hey gizmo2004, you missed one of my attempts at spelling. "agressive" is actually "aggressive" . if you will notice, i went back and corrected all my mistakes, do I get an "a" for spelling now? or do i have to wait until a moderator changes the wrong word in my name? :lol:

·
Registered
8,667 Posts
:) Hope you didn't mind the ribbing. All in fun!

I sent PMs (Private Messages) to 3 moderators to see who could help first. I think they have the power to do that.

EDIT NOTE: brentil just informed me that only Troy or SolsticeMan can make that change, so I sent a PM to SM. You might want to do the same, want my solstic. At the top of any page of posts, select Members List, select S (for SolsticeMan) get over to Page 10 and select SolsticeMan, then on the right side about halfway down under Contact Info, select Send a Private Message to ....

Some more advice: at the top of any page of posts, you can select User CP. Then on the left you can select Edit Signature, which allows you to put whatever you want, and this will appear on every post you make, have made, or will make. Whenever you change the signature, it changes on all the previous posts too. If and when you get a VIN, be sure to add that to the signature. It helps us keep track of who is who.

You can also select Edit Avatar, which allows you to show some kind of picture. I think anyone can select any one of the avatars shown, but to upload your own, you need to have at least 30 days of membership AND 30 posts. Also, your upload has to be no larger than 24.4 kb nor more than 125 x 125 pixels.

Check out all the options and see if there's anything you want to change, now or in the future.

·
Registered
8,667 Posts
want my solstic said:
hey gizmo2004, you missed one of my attempts at spelling. "agressive" is actually "aggressive" . if you will notice, i went back and corrected all my mistakes, do I get an "a" for spelling now? or do i have to wait until a moderator changes the wrong word in my name? :lol:
Well, they let people continue taking the CPA exam time after time until they finally pass it. So, since you got them all on the second time, I hereby award you the very first
:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
STuS (Seven Thumbs up Salute)

You will see other examples of my Seven ... Salutes as you surf the Forum! They are getting to be very famous (in my mind, anyway! :) )

The pass rate on the CPA exam is 15%. Just to blow my own horn, I passed it the first time! :cool:

Be sure to check out my two favorite threads:

If you're current or former military, feel free to post your story here:
http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7277

And to see the delivery process from railyard to dealer to home, see Post #35 at:
http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6698

·
Registered
576 Posts
2KWK4U said:
I saw one yesterday at the West Coast Meet. The pictures don't really do it justice. From what you're saying, the green sounds just right for you. In most pictures I've seen, the car looks a little more teal than it does in real life. If the paint didn't have the metal flake in it, I think the color would be a shade or two lighter than forest green/BRG. The metallic finish brightens it up pretty well without being overpowering. It looks pretty awesome in person.
Thanks Scott! The green(Envious) car is mine. If you see the pictures of the meet, a large portion of the attendees had Slys. However, I recieved a great numbers of comments on how well they all liked it, how they did not like the sales brochure paint chip and were uncomfortable about ordering it. I am personally very happy with the color, and if you like green at all I am sure you will be as well. :)

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have an Envious one in my driveway right now. Picking the color was the hardest choice for me. It kept me out of the first 1K club. How could you choose from little printed pictuures? Well I did a day late for the first 1k but I am pleased with the color. Mine has polished aluminum wheels and black interior. I think the chrome is too glitzy for this car.

My second choice would have been black. It's been 30 years since I have owned a green hued car. This is pretty gark green. At night it almost looks black. Not quite British Racing Green but very close I would say. Everyone who says anything about the color says that it is the perfect color for this car. I agree whole heartedly.

·
Sol Driving Member
2,597 Posts
gizmo2004 said:

Um, what about Solsti? Not everyone wants to talk about one Solstice ya' know. :)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.