Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was curious if anyone has ever used this product. I have read great things about it and want to give my car that "pop" this spring. I also have the new car and want to make the red pop this spring. Thought I would see if anyone here had used it first....

CQuartz Finest - CarPro

·
Registered
7,480 Posts
From what I'm reading this is not a polish or a wax, but a sealant using nano technology. I interpret that to mean that prior to using that the car must be first polished, then waxed, and only then should the sealant be applied (though it appears that a wax step may not be necessary).

I could understand using a sealant on a daily driver, but for a garage queen that is polished and waxed on a yearly basis I'm not sure why a sealant would be necessary.

I'd also like to make sure that no silicone is in any polish, wax, or sealant.

·
Registered
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
From what I'm reading this is not a polish or a wax, but a sealant using nano technology. I interpret that to mean that prior to using the car must be first polished, then waxed, and only then should the sealant be applied (though it appears that a wax step may not be necessary).

I could understand using a sealant on a daily driver, but for a garage queen that is polished and waxed on a yearly basis I'm not sure why a sealant would be necessary.

I'd also like to make sure that no silicone is in any polish, wax, or sealant.
I agree Chop. I just posted one vid...I should have posted the other vid. Basically they take a lime green Challenger that has been beat to death from a car wash, that's all scratched. They apply this stuff and it looks brand new. So I'm wondering if after I polish, I could use this stuff, then wax....and get all the car wash scratching out of the paint....

·
Premium Member
4,262 Posts
Snake oil ? I'm very leary of ads that focus on taking something in bad shape in this case the challenger and making it look new again reminds me of that once a year wax stuff that you see on late night commercials .I've tried many products in my years and have always returned to the name brand stuff Mothers (which I use) Meguiars , Auto Glym etc. If you have scratches from the car wash Mothers and Meguiars have clear coat safe polishes and rubbing compounds I've used both with success .For me I would use one of the above products then a cleaner wax with carnauba and top it of with a sealant.Between waxings I use a good detail spray and a wax as you dry product after I wash my cars to keep things looking good .Ghost just wondering I've been to the Detroit area and am wondering why you would not use a brushless car wash ?

·
Registered
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Snake oil ? I'm very leary of ads that focus on taking something in bad shape in this case the challenger and making it look new again reminds me of that once a year wax stuff that you see on late night commercials .I've tried many products in my years and have always returned to the name brand stuff Mothers (which I use) Meguiars , Auto Glym etc. If you have scratches from the car wash Mothers and Meguiars have clear coat safe polishes and rubbing compounds I've used both with success .For me I would use one of the above products then a cleaner wax with carnauba and top it of with a sealant.Between waxings I use a good detail spray and a wax as you dry product after I wash my cars to keep things looking good .Ghost just wondering I've been to the Detroit area and am wondering why you would not use a brushless car wash ?
Totally agree with you Sting.... I want to see if anyone has used it and how well it worked before I go paying $100 for something. If someone here says it works awesome, then it's worth it and I'll try it, but if nobody says anything, I won't bother. As far as brushless car washes, everyone uses Neoprene in the carwashes and they do almost as much damage. I live in an area where there are still a lot of dirt roads, so these guys go to the carwashes and get all the dirt in the carwash which in turn scratches the living $*it out of a car. There's only 1 "touchless" carwash by me and it's always out-of-order.

·
Registered
6,052 Posts
Wash, clay, polish, seal, then wax if desired.

Agree with Sting that any product that promises "miracle" results is usually over promising. I've read positive reviews on other forums for this type of product but can't attest to it personally. Am always leery of some reviews as they could be related to "I spent a lot of money on this, so OF COURSE it works great!"

As chop said, if this holds up like it claims using it on a DD would be a great thing.

·
Premium Member
4,262 Posts
We have these "Lazer Washes" here in Ohio that use super high pressure water and soap to clean your car they are ok but you still have to give it a good wash when you get a break in the weather which is what I'll be doing this afternoon on the Crown Vic .

·
Registered
333 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
I just used the Meguier's White Wax on my yellow (Mean) Sol last week It is for white and light colored vehicles. Used an orbital polisher. The finish before was not too bad as I always use a detail spray after washing. The White Wax really brought out a nice shine. It has the micro abrasives in it to get rid of the swirls. I like the Meguier's products for paint finishing. I took a detail class at the Chrysler Museum in Auburn Hills a few years ago that was a joint venture with Meguires and Chrysler. Chrysler at that time was using Meguier's products in the dealership paint department. ( I don't know it that relationship stall exists with FCA). The Mequire's people were top notch and explained all the research and development that goes into all their products. In case you didn't know Mequires is now owned by 3M. Never been in an OEM paint shop that didn't use 3M. Having been in the final assembly paint business for 30 years makes me very particular about my paint.

·
Registered
849 Posts
If im not mistaken, I believe this is a COATING and not a SEALANT or a WAX, or POLISH...etc.

It is somewhat new "technology" that I have been reading about for a little over a year I believe. Check autogeek for reviews on different "coatings" ...I believe Optimum Gloss-Coat Paint Coating (new version of the older Opti-Coat 2.0) is another coating that has been tested multiple times.

Basically it adds another barrier between your car and the elements. Kinda like thickening the clear coat....also, you can apply your favorite wax after the coating has cured.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts