Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Started the GXP first time since end of OCT and has a tick what appears to be near the rear of the motor at about as often as the seconds you hear on a watch, goes away above 1000 rpm but comes back at idle. The idle is a little erratic by that I mean slight up and down. Oil is still good, 85% left.

Has anyone else experienced this after sitting for lengthy periods?

The vehicle is still in storage and licensed for street. Will have it towed to dealer this week and see what they come up with.

·
Registered
731 Posts
The tick you are hearing is normal. It is your hi pressure pump making the noise. If it is still under warranty take it to the dealer. If not , just stop by autozonecand have them check the code for check engine light.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just checked my email and On Star had sent me a diagnostic report and it showed that there was an issue with the engine coolant system. I'll go and check again tomorrow and press the blue button like it asks for and ask for a diagnostic while its running. I'm still new to this On Star thing but if it helps to get info then what the hell,right? But I'll probably still have it taken in. And yes I had an extended warranty put in place for 3 more years.
Thanks.

·
Registered
731 Posts
My 09 had a coolant level problem in my reservoir tank. Mine was a faulty sensor in the tank. Since mine was out of warranty . I ordered one on eBay. Fixed my problem. Good luck.

·
Registered
433 Posts
It's good to hear your car is back and will be repaired. Keep us updated on the process and I hope you're on the road soon again! Regards.

Matt,

GM Customer Assistance

·
Registered
3,440 Posts

·
Super Moderator
16,390 Posts
No, Matt is a person. About a year ago, there was a piece about a custom painted Camero. It was by GM. So I did some research and found the GM senior manager responsible for that car.

I did some more research and found out he was the creator and head of the new to GM initiative to monitor customer satisfaction and also provide a presence and advocate for customers in the new media. Blogs included. I actually exchanged email with him which was very informative.

There is an organization in GM with the charter to collect info and offer support to customers. Thus Matt.

Not sure if Matt is an individual or a composite, but the end result is the same. When they say they will help, they mean it and its a live person.

·
Registered
5,430 Posts
That's good to hear, Rob. I just found the response odd that it mentions a truck being repaired when I saw no mention of a truck nor it's repair.

Anywho, I believe Deep Woods Off can help prevent the tick problem.

Ba dum dum.

·
Registered
281 Posts
So how about those codes...

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
We haven't gone back there yet,been working but we'll get back to guys soon,maybe later today or tomorrow.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Matt is alive and well.
I spoke to Him on the phone about a week ago.
He called me about the cut on the rad hose.
GM is watching both sites.
If you need them. PM Matt at GM on His post.
LLLFLY

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
got back from the car after having On Star do the diagnostic check and confirmed theat the engine coolant fan wasn't responding, hence the check engine light.
As for the tick like SHREVE said its appearing to be just that . I guess when its in an insulated steel shed you hear every little noise louder which sounded worse.
Hey ROB how did you know I'm a big fan of military aviation especially since I work at an airport with a military base adjacent to it, cool vid man.
As for the fan i guess I'll have the car towed in on a flat deck to the dealer and get it rectified.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts