Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Linedog,
My dealer was told this morning that my car was still in Deleware awaiting a carrier!

I saw an earlier post where you said there were only 20 or so left to be shipped Tuesday evening...

Have they all been shipped?

Thanks for all your help linedog!

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
40-50 in total I thought he said the other day but yes have you kicked all their butts out the door yet :lol:

If not, $100 reward to spring mine (#30) loose from jail :leaving:

·
Registered
350 Posts
mceb said:
40-50 thought he said but yes have you kicked all their butts out the door yet :lol:

mceb, I can't believe that you are still waiting. I would have a hard time still waiting knowing that the car has been built, but it is so worth it to get the car I have been drooling over for a couple years now.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
From the "Still No Sign Of 128" thread:

Gmlinedog said:
There was 20 or so cars that were lined up to be released on tuesday night. I dont think they have been shipping cars on the night shift.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Yea just got to that thread and saw the 20. Hey it's down from 50 the other day :thumbs:

At this point I'm aiming for last one shipped ;) Maybe Bob Lutz will throw me a party or something :lol:

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
mceb said:
Yea just got to that thread and saw the 20. Hey it's down from 50 the other day :thumbs:

At this point I'm aiming for last one shipped ;) Maybe Bob Lutz will throw me a party or something :lol:
mceb,
I don't know how you do it. ;)
I sure wish I could keep a positive attitude like you are!

I'm really bummed out thinking I won't be getting it before this weekend. :(

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
mceb said:
40-50 in total I thought he said the other day but yes have you kicked all their butts out the door yet :lol:

I still can not understand why you have not recieved your car. I smell some thing fishy.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
SCISOLSTICE said:
I still can not understand why you have not recieved your car. I smell some thing fishy.

I smell a conspiracy that involved MCEB's car and my No. 23. Both built moons ago. Thats it, they must be planning a surprise party for us! Gotta think on the bright side cause I can't handle the truth anymore!

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
PAS22 said:
I smell a conspiracy that involved MCEB's car and my No. 23. Both built moons ago. Thats it, they must be planning a surprise party for us! Gotta think on the bright side cause I can't handle the truth anymore!
If we only knew the truth!

We'll never know!

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
mcbman said:
If we only knew the truth!

We'll never know!

Someday an insider will right a book about what REALLY happened. It will be a guaranteed best seller!

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
PAS22 said:
23 and 30 are close so whatever happened we probably both got sucked into it.

I'm serious when I say most likely they got pushed aside for some reason and parked in some out of the way part of the lot as all the cars started rolling off the line. Recently some guy stumbled across them and said whoops we forgot about these ones.

The forgotten Sols I'm calling us PAS22

·
Registered
39 Posts
I know this has been covered before, but I guess I haven't seen any specifics mentioned about the issue with the two-toned interiors. My understanding is that they had to replace the IP (instrument panel) on some of the cars with the sand interior because of quality issues.

If I were a gambling person, I'd bet that the problem was found in the first cars made with the sand interior and that they fixed it for the remaining first 1000 before they were manufactured. Now they have to go and replace the dash on the ones that were built. I'd guess that is a time consuming effort and that it is the reason why your car is MIA.

Well...that's my speculation for the day. Regardless, I'm sorry to hear that your car hasn't arrived yet. I hope you get it very soon. According to GMLD's earlier post, it sounds like you are pretty close.

·
Registered
120 Posts
:lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
233 Posts
mceb said:
23 and 30 are close so whatever happened we probably both got sucked into it.

I'm serious when I say most likely they got pushed aside for some reason and parked in some out of the way part of the lot as all the cars started rolling off the line. Recently some guy stumbled across them and said whoops we forgot about these ones.

The forgotten Sols I'm calling us PAS22
Well mine, vin #131, isn't close to yours but was orginally shipped out on a train the 5th of August, made it to Birmingham on the 22nd, sat there for a week and then was shipped back to the plant in Delaware where according to Gmlinedog, it was inside the plant on Monday, September 12th.....I can totally relate!!!!! Please excuse my repetitious rant, but I am so tired of getting the run around. No straight answers. All I have ever asked is an honest answer to any question. I wouldn't be so upset, if it had never come within an hour from where I live and my dealer telling me it will be here in a couple of days.......and that was the 22nd of August!!!! :rant:

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Thanks mssleepr, I wouldn't be surprised if mine and PASS22's car got pulled back too.

We must be the "hot" group GMLD mentioned they are pushing out now.

Shame is we could have missed a lot of driving time lost in the shuffle, waiting for a check or fix or whatever caused us to be held. I imagine it's been chaos down in DE during the first 2 months of the launch.

·
Registered
157 Posts
And my #25 is still MIA as well...hmmm....5,23,25,30 (wasn't 16 still undelivered too?) Who would've thought it was a curse to get the first cars.

As an update, my dealer talked to the DBC again yesterday and the guy said he found out that my car is still in Lordstown on a "safety hold" indefinitely. The dealer asked if it is waiting on a recall or campaign bulletin and they guy said they wouldn't tell him any more details but that it could be possible.

So I sit and wait.... :(

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
But then some of the early cars got out early like Excelsior (14). Crazy stuff.

·
Registered
936 Posts
I had a hard time today the dealer told me last week my car would be delivered today (Wed.) or tomorrow by the latest. She has not been able to get an update from the business center this week to confirm if it actually shipped. I stayed real close to the phone all day ready to go at a moments notice but no call so I will sweat it out tomorrow.

I do feel sorry for Mssleeper your car will have a couple thousand miles on it by the time you get it and for C5Vette, I would feel much more comfortable knowing my car is at the plant as opposed to some rail yard. Anyway good luck hope they show up soon. Tomorrow is going to be a nail biter.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts