Have you ordered your Solstice yet?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a poll to get a sense of how many people have actually gone to their local dealership and have used autobook to place an order into the System.
Lets see how many pending orders GM has!
(most of the people here in the forum are basically serious customers)
-if not, why are you wasting your time here! :)

·
Registered
405 Posts
YES, and I have received order acknowledgement...although I'm concerned about the potencial for a delay over the OnStar issue

·
Premium Member
4,041 Posts
My AutoBook confirmation was on March 30th. I CAN'T WAIT ANY LONGER!!!! If I keep going at the same rate one of you will end up getting my car after I have a stress heart attack over the wait on my order. I think we should see who all receives one of the first 1000 and plan regional meetings to compare vehicles and to finally meet each other. This forum is turning us into a "Band of Brothers" :party:

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Keep in mind those who are going for EOP, pre-entering an order is not required. You have up to a week or so after EOP to pick options & complete the order.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
mceb said:
Keep in mind those who are going for EOP, pre-entering an order is not required. You have up to a week or so after EOP to pick options & complete the order.

Also, and maybe one of our supporting dealers can confirm this, I don't believe GM is officially accepting orders yet. Mines in the system and I think its listed as pending.

·
Registered
177 Posts
my experience so far...

after a visit 10 days ago to my dealer, I left with the impression that I knew more from this website (thanks members!) than they did. the only info I received was about the EOP. 3 days ago (Mon 4/4), I put a down payment in and picked the options, and today received a fax with a note that any changes should be in by 4/12. I do NOT have the idea that orders are officially submitted, but maybe its my dealer's way of getting organized and prioritized. I believe all the dealers had a conference call/ DVD viewing on Wednesday and can answer any questions now. I'm taking a shot at the EOP next week knowing my dealer has my choices.
as far as options and packages, I was slightly disappointed that the steel/sand interior wasn't offered on the green and red choices, and no one could offer any cars with my color choice (blue) to compare.
this is really a new experience for most of us because the Solstice is truly a new car, and ordering with just a car show visit and lots of photos, along with 4 positive articles, is kind of disconcerting. Exciting... yes! ( hey, whats a little more debt anyway)
good luck to all and I'll be checking in daily.
:skep:

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
PAS22 said:
Also, and maybe one of our supporting dealers can confirm this, I don't believe GM is officially accepting orders yet. Mines in the system and I think its listed as pending.
How do you know that?

Does anyone know what the actual name of the system is that GM uses to track these things? I mean in the plant, not at the dealer.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I ordered mine on 6 April and was also able to pick up an EOP Playbook. It makes for some very happy reading but also disappointing..."Your exclusive retail order will be delivered within approximately 180 days from final order date." Gee, that means it could come as late as October...a sad thought.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
SlipSlider said:
How do you know that?

Does anyone know what the actual name of the system is that GM uses to track these things? I mean in the plant, not at the dealer.
Your order for the Solstice does through the regular order system like anything else. Its the EOP tracking thats different. Seems to me I read somewhere else that dealers can enter, but not submit, orders for the Sol yet, maybe Conejo or Small Dealer can confirm this.

·
5,600 Posts
I am buying a 2007. I don't want to be a 1st year guinnea pig and my resolve not to get a HiPo motor is rapidly crumbling. In fact, I am pretty sure now that I want to wait for the HiPo motor. Lord, I am weak. :blueangel

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
PAS22 said:
I don't believe GM is officially accepting orders yet. Mines in the system and I think its listed as pending.
Yup, not a real order yet but loaded in system pending as you said.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Band of brothers?

You better make that band of "siblings" or my wife will be upset. And she will probably drive most anywhere for a meet just to drive it. :cool:

·
Registered
178 Posts
monolith said:
Canadian orders were accepted starting April 4th
The Canadian order entry system was accepting orders on March 24th. My dealer was checking every day for me and called me on that day to tell me that they could formally place my order. I was at his dealership a few hours later and actually saw him place the order.

·
Registered
338 Posts
SlipSlider said:
How do you know that?

For an average Joe, we can use gmdealerworld.com to sort out and help locate unit. We can search by vehicles "on the ground"-at our dealership, vehicles that are produced, but not at the dealership-in transit, and vehicles which the order has been accepted by the GM production nexus-scheduled. There are several other codes, but those are the 3 search strings. We can look for any vehicle with any option in any radius, by dealer BAC, or our inventory.

I'm sure that there is prolly another program or 2, or 3, prolly 15 or so, that can track, but we just use dealerworld, we're always logged in, and it's just there.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts