Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:party: I ordered my personalized plate yesterday. Mine is SOLCTIS (Now if I just had my car...)

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Nope. I plan on getting one, but I'm not disclosing what it will say. (Just in case anyone else here in my town visits this forum and thinks my idea is a good one and registers it before I do.) I've got about 3 ideas floating around at the moment.

·
Registered
767 Posts
I'm not going to get vanity plates. The Solstice will be unique enough. It already screams "LOOK AT ME." The only way I would get special plates is if they were small like for a motorcycle plate so it would fit on the front and not mess up the look.

·
Registered
316 Posts
jimmyo said:
I'm not going to get vanity plates. The Solstice will be unique enough. It already screams "LOOK AT ME." The only way I would get special plates is if they were small like for a motorcycle plate so it would fit on the front and not mess up the look.
Good point.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
In FL the plate follows the owner. I can get the plate and put it on my existing vehicle. As to uniqueness, I suppose everyone is entitled to an opinion but, I can't see a personalized plate detracting from the vehicle.

·
Registered
381 Posts
jimmyo said:
I've never gotten a vanity plate because I like a little anonymity. There goes THAT! :)

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've never had a personalized plate for the same reason. Seems to go out the window (so to speak) with the Solstice. I considered a number of names including Sol Man and Sol Deep. I suppose it should be no surprise that My Sol was taken. :(

·
Missing my Dad 9/40-5/08
330 Posts
We were thinking of putting the number of the car that we get (Vin #455 as an example) 455OF1K or something like that. We have time to figure it out. In PA we don't have to have the plate on the front of the vehicle, thank goodness.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I was going to, but in Kansas you have to put a plate on the front of the vehicle ONLY if you have vanity plates, otherwise just on the back. Can't see a front plate looking good, so I'll do without!! :leaving:

·
4,592 Posts
Gopherman said:
I was going to, but in Kansas you have to put a plate on the front of the vehicle ONLY if you have vanity plates, otherwise just on the back. Can't see a front plate looking good, so I'll do without!! :leaving:
Whaaaaaaaa???????

That seems really odd, any reasoning behind it? jeez, I wish we had the choice here in california :brentil:

·
497 Posts
No front plate please...

DC requires front tags too. I read somewhere on the forum that the mounting bracket was shipped with the car from the factory and then installed by the dealer. However, when I placed my order and requested the front mounting bracket not be installed the salesman said it was done at the factory. So, I didn’t order the front plate mounting kit. Hopefully it won’t be flagged somewhere along the line and added. I will be very disappointed if I end up with a mounting bracket on the front; I’ll risk a citation.

Maybe those of us with two plate states should start petitions. http://www.petitiononline.com/nd1234/petition.html

I am still curious, and a little afraid, to know where and how the front plate is attached.

·
Registered
138 Posts
"Summer Solstice" (or Winter, of Summer is taken)

In Arizona we have a ton of customized plates you can get to raise funds for a number of charities and special groups. Since the sun shines just about every day, I am going to try and get SUMMER for my plate. For those of you who have been crying about all the snow that will probably keep you off the road in the winter, I would suggest WINTER for your plate. Grin. :)

·
Registered
138 Posts
"was His"

WAS HIS This is one of the funniest plates I have seen on a Porsche Boxter, driven by a gal who just finished with a rather hotly contested divorce. Probably sad, but truemessage

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
AZJuez said:
In Arizona we have a ton of customized plates you can get to raise funds for a number of charities and special groups. Since the sun shines just about every day, I am going to try and get SUMMER for my plate. For those of you who have been crying about all the snow that will probably keep you off the road in the winter, I would suggest WINTER for your plate. Grin. :)
In FL we have a large number of plates. I chose the Solctis with the c because the s was taken and with the sea turtle plate a hind leg makes the c appear as an E. my wife thinks i've gone off the deep end and I'm thinking she may be right :yesnod: http://www.hsmv.state.fl.us/specialtytags/specialindex.html

·
Premium Member
940 Posts
JMS-MES said:
In PA we don't have to have the plate on the front of the vehicle, thank goodness.
CT put plates on the front of the cars about 7 years ago. I have a front plate on my Tahoe and Trailblazer – dealer put them on. I did remove the one from the front of my Grand Prix and threw it in the trunk. I always thought it looked stupid. I never got a ticket, so I don’t plan on leaving one on the front of the Solstice.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Here in Pa we have specialized plates, but you can't pick the #'s or letters
on it (any more, we use to be able to in the past, but from what I have seen now you can not). They only have plates to help conserve enviornment and other things.

But they look much nicer than a standard Pa plate. So I plan to get one of these. I will try and get one as the car comes in to save a few $$$'s, there
are agencies near by that have them on the spot. If the dealer does not
want me to do this I will swap it out later.

One plate I have seen in the past (on a gold fiero GT) was IMN2DP.

(I'm in to deep), and the way the person looked in the car I could see it.
She was wearing a mink at the time.

The solstice is making me strech a little to get to where I want to be in terms
of a loan, but everything is lining up so far.

Currently I am cleaning the garage out to get it ready for the new addition.
The new shed is on order and will get delivered in about 5 weeks.

If me and my wife are all real lucky maybe our Sly beauty will show up shortly after. I can't see it much before that.

It's been one hell of a year so far, the solstice will be a nice capper. :cool:

Later!

·
Registered
184 Posts
Buffaloes

Gopherman said:
Worse yet, the Kansas Personalized Plate is a western image of a brown Buffalo on a tan background. If I had a covered wagon and needed a vanity plate I would consider it then...

Also from Kansas

·
Missing my Dad 9/40-5/08
330 Posts
Bought_It said:
Here in Pa we have specialized plates, but you can't pick the #'s or letters
on it (any more, we use to be able to in the past, but from what I have seen now you can not). They only have plates to help conserve enviornment and other things.

http://www.dmv.state.pa.us/license_plates/index.shtml

You can still get personalized plates in PA. Check out the link above.

1 - 20 of 128 Posts