Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
May i just say, what a pain in the a&@ to install. But the end results are awesome. Here are some pics. Took me about 7 hours to install by myself.
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
I did find this. The tab was bent pretty good. Checked the other side. It had been replaced with the updated plastic. Ya`ll may want to check yours.
[/URL][/IMG]

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
More Pics

[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]
This is the finished product.
Let me say this was not easy. Takes alot of patience to install the liner. There are no instructions for this. I just had to do alot of research on the top. Had loads of photos to go by. So if you do try to atemp to do this just be prepared.
If you have any questions, just ask.

·
Registered
150 Posts
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]
This is the finished product.
Let me say this was not easy. Takes alot of patience to install the liner. There are no instructions for this. I just had to do alot of research on the top. Had loads of photos to go by. So if you do try to atemp to do this just be prepared.
If you have any questions, just ask.
I am glad you got!!!:thumbs: Looks Good!!!

·
Premium Member
714 Posts
nice job :)

you are the liner guru now :)

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your help Gary.
I will be writing up a full install procedures. My take a few days, but i think it will be helpful to others.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Thanks for your help Gary.
I will be writing up a full install procedures. My take a few days, but i think it will be helpful to others.
I am sure the instructions will be a great help to anyone that is considering the upgrade, after sending you pics and looking at my factory installed I was sure this was gonna be a pain, especially if you have never done it before. Hell, your the pro now. The upgrade is well worth the effort, before I got my car, I had test driven probably 20 Sols, none with the headliner, and you can really tell a difference. I was glad that the car I finally got had the liner.:thumbs:

·
Registered
145 Posts
Where do you get the headliner from? How much?

·
Super Moderator
16,271 Posts
It has a GM part number. Smalldealer posted it several months ago. Maybe a year? I ordered mine from Crate Engine Depot. Talk with them and they can get you the info.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Oh hell no:willy:
But really it was not all that bad. Just takes time and a little:crazy:

·
Administrator
9,243 Posts
so how do I know if I have a liner or not? Did some come with liners factory installed?

Bert
If your model year is mid 07 or later, then you have a liner if you have OnStar. The very early 07 may or may not have one.

·
Registered
431 Posts
And if you have an 08 GXP I believe they were standard.

·
Premium Member
10,404 Posts
It was an option on the early 07's when you had the option of not getting OnStar.

·
Super Moderator
16,271 Posts
O k I'm still learning this board setup, How did you know I had an '08 GXP:cool:

04-30-2011, 10:52 AM #7 (permalink)
boboborino

Location: Lorette M. That is too funny, I am also from the Winnipeg area, and I am waiting for my 08 Solstice,and will be coming to this forum for some help on mods

·
Registered
580 Posts
If you poke the roof and you're pretty sure there is only 1 layer of makerial between it and the outside world- you probably don't, or if seams on the outside match with seams on the inside.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Bump to the top

Bumping this back to the top, did you ever get any instructions? How about the pictures? I have canvas on order to replace mine, it looks like someone broke in and ripped the top by the drivers door and pull up on the lock. They got a surprise when all that was there was an empty car. Not even any change in the console.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts