Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering purchasing a solstice when they come out. But I have one concern, does anyone know how much room for driver. I'm 6'2" and weigh about 200lbs. Does anyone know if I should be concerned?

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Welcome to the forum Pittsburghkid! :cheers

Its hard to say for certain what headroom will be like at this point. However, from some of the developmental mules that have been driven, writers have indicated that there seems to be a decent amount of room. What stands out in my mind was there perception that you sat down in the car instead of on it. Here is a link to a thread that has links to some of those test mule articles if your interested in reading them. I get the feeling at 6'2" you would be fine, but your probably just going to have to test one out in the flesh for yourself to be certain.

http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=535

·
Registered
81 Posts
I don't think there's any reason for concern. I think one of the reasons the Solstice is a bit bigger than the Miata is to make room for larger drivers. When I last drove a Miata the windshield header blocked my view of stoplights, which I found very annoying. If I could fit in the Miata, I would have bought one already. Instead I'm waiting for the Solstice.

-Stephen M

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
If you fit in a corvette you more then likely will fit in a Solstice. For a while on the prototypes or the test mules I believe they had thrown the Corvette roof on them. More then likely whatever roof gets actually put on wont end up being much smaller then that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts