Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my SOl for going on 3 weeks now and every place I take this car it turns heads. Be ready for a ton of questions. Just took it up to Newark, De. this weekend for a Univ. Of De. football game. Tons of questions and commets about how beautiful the car is. For those of you that have just gotten yours get ready for lots of discussion with good natured inquisitive strangers. While in the game the car must have had quite a bit of attention, I think they probably have less fingerprints on file at the FBI then I had on my car, but they all cleaned up well on Sunday. The car is a blast to drive, a beauty to look at, and the envy of everyone else.

Hope you all are enjoying yours as much I am mine.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
How is the front end holding up (bugs / chips)?

I hate the look of a leather bra :cuss: - and am not too thrilled with the idea of the 3M clear plastic covering :yawn: - but am more distressed by the thought of a bunch of little chips in the paint :( .

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
MAKsys said:
How is the front end holding up (bugs / chips)?

I hate the look of a leather bra :cuss: - and am not too thrilled with the idea of the 3M clear plastic covering :yawn: - but am more distressed by the thought of a bunch of little chips in the paint :( .
So far so good, no chips, but that is a major concern. I know when I am pulling up on trucks I am extremely nervous. The salesperson who sold me my car has left the dealership and now is working with her husband who does guess what? Installs 3M bras clear. When they get the information for the kit she is going to give me a call and let me know about the cost. I am leaning towards the 3M.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
any pictures of clear bras?

·
Registered
120 Posts
:agree: :crazy::crazy:

·
1,492 Posts
Omg!

del_utz said:
heres' the pic!
One of the best pics shown of the clear bra exclusivly for solstice. Great job!! :lol:

·
Registered
288 Posts
Take a look at the coating that goes underneath the buttresses for the top. That's what a 3M clear bra looks like. A very thing, clear coating.

Flagg

·
Registered
121 Posts
del_utz said:
I have had my SOl for going on 3 weeks now and every place I take this car it turns heads. Be ready for a ton of questions. Just took it up to Newark, De. this weekend for a Univ. Of De. football game. Tons of questions and commets about how beautiful the car is. For those of you that have just gotten yours get ready for lots of discussion with good natured inquisitive strangers. While in the game the car must have had quite a bit of attention, I think they probably have less fingerprints on file at the FBI then I had on my car, but they all cleaned up well on Sunday. The car is a blast to drive, a beauty to look at, and the envy of everyone else.

Hope you all are enjoying yours as much I am mine.
I have to agree. We took ours to Wal-mart (obviously didn't get much) and I parked in the back 40. When we got out there was a lady in a big Town Car circling my baby. She said - that's the most incredible car I've ever seen. Her husband sayd - honey we can't afford that. I asked him how much he thought it cost - $40k!!! I just laughed and said - you can have 2 for that price... It's starting already!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts