Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I got a cobalt header Im going to cut up and make a header for my 2.4. but....Ive been doing some looking and searching and there are a few different headers for the Polaris sling shot, both shorty and long tube that comes out the same place as the shorty...they claim 18 hp on the long tube and about 14 on the short tube... but there are some different short tube headers that kinda look the same, but one is made right and the other like this cobalt header is made rong ....the tubes are not clocked correct on one of the short tube types but another nicer looking header is clocked correctly!!( the clocking of the tubes according to the firing order is very important in the collector for proper scavenging, witch way dosent matter but they need to be in the engines firing order) and the converter flange exit's close to the same place as the solstice.looks like they exit a little higher and not tilted rearward at the converter flange. if it is higher a wedge adapter could possibly be made to adapt it to the kappa 2.4 oe exhaust.( the clocking of the converter flange is off a little too witch make it eazer to do the wedge type adapter. ) wish i had the extra $$ to get one... or both short&long and see just what it takes to make them fit our cars, but....the wife seems to be giving me some funny looks will all the stuff Ive been ordering for this "new" car that wasent / isant going to be a race care...... the cobalt header is cheep, the Polaris header is about $250 for shorty and $450 for the long tube. it's a sweet looking header!!! the Polaris sling shot looks like a 3 wheel kappa with diferent body to me. same trans, same engine, possibly even the same front suspension.... i wish now I had just got the short tube header instead of building one....Ill have almost the same amount into it when I'm done after buying a good collector&ss converter flange...and some more bends or another header to cut apart just for the bends.and,,,crap I need another tank of argon....errrrrr there gonna want me to sign a new lease since the old welder supply has been bought out....and that aint cheep...$$$ out the door....I see hat the wife is frowning about.. but dam that long tube header sure wood be nice!!!

·
Premium Member
3,569 Posts
I have an old first gen Solo shorty header that fits the 2.4 stock exhaust. It kept cracking open the welds.
I have replaced it but you are welcome to have it, if you are interested in trying to save it, or use it for a template.
Just PM me and we can work out shipping it.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sent a pm, thanks!! I do need a pattern to make a jig to be sure I get the cat in the right place.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts