Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After seeing the Solstice "in the flesh", the thing that bothers me most about the looks is the way the headlights bulge up above the fender line ala MR2 Spyder rather than being fully integrated as in a Series I XKE. Is there a functional reason for this? Could there be aftermarket headlights that more closely follow the fender lines, or would that be prohibitively expensive?

Don't get me wrong, the car is gorgeous as is, but I just don't understand why the headlights aren't more fully integrated into the overall design.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I like the bug eyes

To me the head lamps standing proud are reminiscent of the long high fenders on an old 911 or Austin-Healy. I would like to see a rendering with even more pronounced head lamp bulges ;)
To acomplish the more flush look would likely require something similar to the C6 headlamps which are probably more expensive than the approach chosen.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
I didn't really get the impression that they looked to verticle. Although the reflector lense inside the unit is on the large side and is verticle, the outer clear casing for the unit follows the fender lines.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
I picture an after market development of paintable, snap on covers that cover the horizontal area to give it a sort of thirties headlight nacelle look. :cool

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
DreamerDave said:
I picture an after market development of paintable, snap on covers that cover the horizontal area to give it a sort of thirties headlight nacelle look. :cool
LOL!! DreamerDave, you're O.K.

·
5,600 Posts
palmer said:
After seeing the Solstice "in the flesh", the thing that bothers me most about the looks is the way the headlights bulge up above the fender line.
That's funny. I never liked the headlights from photographs until I finally saw them "in the flesh", then they really grew on me and now I really like the look. And I don't know why.
:leaving

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There was a discussion on another thread. I think the consensus was that the headlights are halogen but not HID.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts