Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay this has likely been asked before but I couldn't find it. The Sky brochure says it has projector-beam halogen headlights. Does the Solstice have those same type of headlights also?

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
I don't think the Solstice is projector beam style, but I'm betting it's halogen at least.

·
Premium Member
10,365 Posts
Michael,
Here is an answer from SM er BOB:
Think maybe you guys are mistaking "projector" headlamps with "HID" headlamps.

There is a HUGE difference. These are both as opposed to "reflector" headlamps, which appear to be on the solstice.

Both reflector and projector beam headlamps rely on an incandecent bulb (which can be changed for $$$ to "halogen" usually with higher lumen output). HID use a different method (read here: more expensive) to illuminate - with a bluish/white light and higher lumen value when up to full power (it takes a moment to "light up" a HID headlamp), smaller/narrower light frequency (color) range (accounting for the color difference) and somewhat like a high-intensity analogue of a flourescent bulb crossed with an arc-vapor.

The Sky has "projector beam" headlamps. Not HID.

·
Registered
391 Posts
A little off topic: Michael were in the central valley do you live. I am also in the central vally.I live in Hanford, about 30 miles south of Fresno. Have you been to any dealers trying to get info?

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Rickady88GT, I live in the Fresno area. Actually I asked after the Solstice just the other day at the Madera dealership but they had no news. They have my phone number and promised to keep me posted per developments as they find them out. They're good people. Which makes me remember, isn't there a Pontiac dealership there in Hanford? It's certainly growing in leaps and bounds, I like that lil town.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Yes we do have a Pontiac dealer, but I have never been to a dealer that has enough info. I can find more info from the net than they know about, even on current cars:( the only time I talked to a dealer that knew his stuff way in Fresno, on Blackstone. That dude was into the stuff he was selling, he was not "burned out"

1 - 7 of 7 Posts