Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,516 Posts
do the headlights and taillights come apart so i can clean the inside of lens?
No. the only into them is through the hole that the bulb assembly occupies. You can possibly take them apart along the glued seam, but you might do more harm than good that way. If they really need cleaning badly, You might be able use a wooden dowel with part of a shop towel taped on the end and go through the bulb hole. Its a pretty big hole. I would suggest removing the lamp assemblies from the car first, that being an easy job.

·
Super Moderator
7,542 Posts
Take the assembly out of the car, remove the bulbs & sockets as Bill suggested, and wash them out like you would a bottle.

Is this a flood car you are trying to revive? I can't think of any other way to get dirt inside a light assembly.

·
Registered
7,164 Posts
The headlights DO come apart - stick them in an over at 200 deg F for about 10 mins. That will soften the glue along the seam enough to pry the clear lens and black base apart. When you're done cleaning or whatever, stick them back in the oven and then clamp them back together while they cool.

Unfortunately the rears are cemented/welded together and do NOT come apart. So that only leaves the 'bottle wash' method above :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts