Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know yet how much headroom there will be?

For me, it would need a minimum of about 37.5" (I'm a 6'0" 290lb guy) The 2005 MR2 had just enough to be acceptable, but the legroom was horrid(wheel in my knees). At this point, the cockpit room is really my only concern about this car.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Crisisman said:
Does anyone know yet how much headroom there will be?

For me, it would need a minimum of about 37.5" (I'm a 6'0" 290lb guy) The 2005 MR2 had just enough to be acceptable, but the legroom was horrid(wheel in my knees). At this point, the cockpit room is really my only concern about this car.

Thanks!
All we really have to go on is the England "test mule" articles published last spring. They did make comments that the cabin seemed roomy. No official specs have been published yet (hopefully soon). There is a thread in the news section with the test mule article links.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
We have yet to see a production spec car with the final version of the convertible top on it. Until we see that, it will be nearly impossibly to judge what kind of headroom it will have.

As mceb said, all the test mule articles indicated the car was fairly roomy for a roadster. Part of this comes in width, as the Solstice is considerably wider than a Miata. Those articles also indicated you feel like you sit low, down in the car and not on top of it (like a Miata) which may bode well for headroom too. At 6’0”, I suspect you will have enough room to feel comfortable.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
I forget which article it was, but one of the reporters said he was 6'2", and he fit comfortably in the Solstice. He also commented it had more room then the Miata inside. So if you go to a Mazda dealer, sit in a Miata, and it fits you good, you should be good in the Solstice possibly.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
I suppose if you didn't fit in the car with the top up, you could just buy a really good rain suit and leave the top down in inclement weather! :lol

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Figure if I don't fit do to limited headroom, I'd like to get a pair of these:http://www.polepositionusa.com/site/product.cfm?id=573B34AE-A425-4B11-85C4563FCDDC671A
With the supplied track, should gain at least an inch and on a fixed bracket slapped together in my garage,maybe as much as 3" of headroom. Yeah, I know I'd be paying twice as much just for the name on the back of the seat, but on a roadster, everyone sees the seats. And for $350 more you can get them heated!

·
Registered
163 Posts
Crisisman said:
Yeah, I live in Seattle, so the top will be up about 50% of the time...it matters! :thumbs
I live in Philly and the top will be up 90% of the time! I am wishing for the hard top.
:agree

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
AJC said:
I live in Philly and the top will be up 90% of the time! I am wishing for the hard top.
:agree
Try Buffalo! I currently drive a Jeep Wrangler and I think I only had the top down about 15 times in 2005. There were some other days I could have risked it, but we don't get many ideal convertable weather days here!

Still, putting the top down on a car is very intoxicating! After having a convertable in my Jeep, it would be very difficult to return to a hardtop coupe. It would at the least need a BIG sunroof!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts