Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,944 Posts
It's been a while so I'm trying to remember. I know the first harness I followed the instructions to a tee, but still ended up with a battery drain. IIRC on the replacement harness I don't think I did cut it as I was trying to see if something I did caused the drain and wanted to rule everything out. Since I had no issues, I don't remember going back and cutting that wire later though. I do need to go back and open up the dash and rearrange some wires though since I have an annoying rattle back there since the install. Maybe this is a good excuse to do so this weekend and then I can confirm what I did. My only complaint so far now that I'm a few months in is since the harness uses an audible relay to create the turn signal sound vs through the speakers it's difficult to hear the turn signal clicking while driving as that relay is tucked away in the dash. It's a minor problem I know, but I find myself double checking if my blinker is on sometimes since I don't hear the audible feedback like I am used to.
I had the same problem hearing my turn signal clicker after changing out my radio. Added some wire to the clicker and moved it up to right behind the instrument cluster. I hear it easily now.

·
Registered
2007 GXP--75k miles--SLY--Name Pending
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
last night was not successful either with or without the green/orange cut, the only successful thing was that onstar did not come on after pulling fuse 56.
I did get the camera to come on in reverse now that the wires are switched, that e brake 3 times thing is crazy, just to get to set the clock!
I will definitely be putting in that bypass tomorrow when it gets here.
I have come to the conclusion that I am going to redo some if not all of the connections that crutchfield did.
as the radio was sitting there, if I moved it, it would shut off, seems as though the Red and Black do not have good connections.
guess I will be in a soldering mood this weekend.

·
Registered
4,649 Posts
Didn't you get the Metra adapter?? I used that. I have no issue hearing my turn signals. And I had zero issues with any of Crutchfield's connectors. But I didn't keep any of the monsoon stuff either. Crutchfield was very helpful with helping me find the correct reverse wires to tap into in the center console, and I used the same spot for the my LEDs on the backup camera that I used to power my windrestrictor LEDs.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I paid for the whole package with all of the adaptors to maintain onstar and monsoon.
Right now everything works properly with the exception of the steering wheel controls which I will give another shot once I solder the accessory and ground wires today when I get the parking brake bypass.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I paid for the whole package with all of the adaptors to maintain onstar and monsoon.
Right now everything works properly with the exception of the steering wheel controls which I will give another shot once I solder the accessory and ground wires today when I get the parking brake bypass.
Sometimes there is issues programming the SWC harness. I had to manually program mine using the video below. Try giving it a shot.

·
Premium Member
1,944 Posts
Sometimes there is issues programming the SWC harness. I had to manually program mine using the video below. Try giving it a shot.
One thing I found when I programmed mine was that you have to go through ALL the steps and in the proper sequence. Took me about six tries.

·
Registered
91 Posts
One thing I found when I programmed mine was that you have to go through ALL the steps and in the proper sequence. Took me about six tries.
Also if you change the battery or it dies you have to go through the whole procedure again as well. I’m glad I found that out early from the parasitic battery drain from the first faulty GMOS harness.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I tried a bunch of different things yesterday and ended up saying the hell with the steering wheel for now and put the car back together.
No matter what I did I got 3 long green flashes and 4 fast ones followed by slow red/green flash.
It seems like it never actually communicates with the car.
I even used the new harness that came with the replacement gmos.
Backup camera and android auto work which were our first priorities.
Gonna be to darn nice today to have it torn apart in the garage.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I tried a bunch of different things yesterday and ended up saying the hell with the steering wheel for now and put the car back together.
No matter what I did I got 3 long green flashes and 4 fast ones followed by slow red/green flash.
It seems like it never actually communicates with the car.
I even used the new harness that came with the replacement gmos.
Backup camera and android auto work which were our first priorities.
Gonna be to darn nice today to have it torn apart in the garage.
Did the video for the manual programming not work?

·
Premium Member
1,944 Posts
Did the video for the manual programming not work?
This is what I did to program my SWC. You have to go through all the steps, even if they don't apply to you. If you skip a step, the remapping will abort. If you don't do each step within the alloted 20 seconds, the remapping will abort. It is a real PITA, took me six tries, but it will work.

Attachments

·
Registered
91 Posts
This is what I did to program my SWC. You have to go through all the steps, even if they don't apply to you. If you skip a step, the remapping will abort. If you don't do each step within the alloted 20 seconds, the remapping will abort. It is a real PITA, took me six tries, but it will work.
Interesting, I tried going through all 18 steps and I initially had issues. I got mine to work by programming 1-5 and then holding volume up to complete. My HU allows for SWC remapping so I just went down the steering wheel and then when everything was set up I choose what button would do what from the HU.

·
Premium Member
1,944 Posts
Interesting, I tried going through all 18 steps and I initially had issues. I got mine to work by programming 1-5 and then holding volume up to complete. My HU allows for SWC remapping so I just went down the steering wheel and then when everything was set up I choose what button would do what from the HU.
It's been a few years since I did mine but in retrospect, It must have been similar to what you did. I see in my own attachments that I only did nine steps, not the entire eighteen that Axxess had listed. Maybe it was the type of radio I installed? I don't remember. My head unit was a Kenwood DNX771HD.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts