Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...heard it from a friend who works on the Solstice/Sky in some capacity or another....

Keep an eye on the September issue of GQ.

;) Haven't seen article yet, but supposed to be pretty nice.
<end bulletin>

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
And I thought you only read it for the pictures. :lol: Me, I'm waiting for PB, MAXIM, and FHM to review. We will all say to our spouses as we point and drool, "Honey , isn't that HOT? Wouldn't it be fun to take HER for a spin?" :glol:

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
What with the cars actually being in a few lucky mortal's possession, I'm hoping that the embargo finally get's lifted September 1 and with it, a flood of reviews from all the car magazines as well as "gentleman's periodicals."

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
DreamerDave said:
What with the cars actually being in a few lucky mortal's possession, I'm hoping that the embargo finally get's lifted September 1 and with it, a flood of reviews from all the car magazines as well as "gentleman's periodicals."
The shindig in Oregon was the long-lead media blitz so from that episode will come all written reviews for teh next month or two.

·
Registered
69 Posts
There was a review on it a couple of months ago on Cargo Magazine.....

·
5,641 Posts
Solstice Steps Out in GQ ... the Solstice on a European tour is featured in the pages of the September issue of GQ magazine. Pontiac had arranged for a GQ reporter and photographer to drive the car in Germany and Italy in June. The result is a four-page story that offers numerous positive comments from the reporter himself about the Solstice, and even details some grudgingly positive remarks from several Europeans who were not used to seeing an American car with a degree of "European" style.

-"The sleek new Pontiac Solstice is the best-designed (and most affordable) American roadster in decades."

-"The new Solstice is, in fact hot."

-"(The Solstice) has what may well be the most beautiful trunk in the history of two-doors."

-"The Solstice is a throw-back - a rear-wheel drive , five-speed stick - with a sport-minded stiffness that makes the car not so much macho but fun to drive, not an Autobahn car but a backroadmobile."

-"In Milan, the Solstice made a triumphant entrance down the Corso Buenos Aires pas the Porto Venezia. I felt like Caesar back from the Gallic campaigns."

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Wow, all great quotes. SD, is the article on the news stands yet?

I hope this one is talking about the outside of the trunk :D
Small Dealer said:
-"(The Solstice) has what may well be the most beautiful trunk in the history of two-doors."

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Yes, I believe that would be refering to the sexy fairings behind the headrests...

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Small Dealer said:
Solstice Steps Out in GQ ... the Solstice on a European tour is featured in the pages of the September issue of GQ magazine. Pontiac had arranged for a GQ reporter and photographer to drive the car in Germany and Italy in June. The result is a four-page story that offers numerous positive comments from the reporter himself about the Solstice, and even details some grudgingly positive remarks from several Europeans who were not used to seeing an American car with a degree of "European" style.

-"The sleek new Pontiac Solstice is the best-designed (and most affordable) American roadster in decades."

-"The new Solstice is, in fact hot."

-"The Solstice is a throw-back - a rear-wheel drive , five-speed stick - with a sport-minded stiffness that makes the car not so much macho but fun to drive, not an Autobahn car but a backroadmobile."

-"In Milan, the Solstice made a triumphant entrance down the Corso Buenos Aires pas the Porto Venezia. I felt like Caesar back from the Gallic campaigns."
Fun, Fun, Fun auf zer autobahn!!!!

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Small Dealer said:
I guess they like their trunks small and tight ... Yep! Sounds good to me. :lol:

·
Premium Member
5,849 Posts
So, you're telling me that not only do I get to cut & paste those adorable eyecandies but I can read about the Solstice too? Life is grand. :lol:

·
5,641 Posts
GQ SEPT 2005 said:
.......and it has what may well be the most beautiful trunk in the history of two-doors: Each headrest is trailed by its own aerodynamic shadow, two gentle rolls that make sheet metal look like the waves of the Aegean.
Lifted from GM Inside News's cut & paste of the article.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Small Dealer said:
Lifted from GM Inside News's cut & paste of the article.
ooooooooooo aaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwww :cool:

·
Registered
456 Posts
Small Dealer said:
"

Just what decade and what American roadster is referred to here?

I for one, cannot think on any American roadster that even compares.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
jwally said:
Just what decade and what American roadster is referred to here?

I for one, cannot think on any American roadster that even compares.
Corvette is only thing I can think of.

·
5,641 Posts
Chrysler Crossfire?
Plymouth Prowler?
Dodge Viper?
Mercury Capri?

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Nash Cosmopolitan

·