Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The brother of my husband's boss works at the Newark, Delaware plant building the Solstices. He said cars are being held up because the roof and doors leak. He also said there may be a possible recall of cars already sent. I was also told the plant is working seven days a week building this car! I haven't seen anything else on the site with regards to the leak issue, does anyone else have any information? My car is 1232 and was supposed to arrive at the beginning of October, but I am still waiting. My dealer doesn't have as much information as I am finding on this site and my own.
Any imput is welcome. Waiting in NJ....if they want I will come down and pick up my Solstice! :)

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
cpeck, thanks for the rumor ;)

See your personal messages!

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Relax......

No mention of recall. Heard of a few minor issues with the window seals. No major issues. RELAX! :yesnod:

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
I have driven my car through driver rain and washed it several times. No leaks to report.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Um, I thought the plant was in Wilmington.

·
Registered
46 Posts
No leaks here in Michigan. Washed it, ran it through a rainstorm, quarter car wash, etc. I won't return my car for a "leak recall" if it's not leaking. If it ain't broke - don't fix it!

·
Premium Member
4,041 Posts
I drove through rain today that would have had the inside of my Miata wet. No water in my Solstice. I have had my car to the car wash and no problems there either. My car has been very tight.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Excelsior said:
It has rained every day for over 2 weeks here and there are no leaks in #14.
Check your trunk. Never had top down because of rain first 8 days, but after the rain stopped we checked the trunk and had a small leak.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.