Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I remember someone saying which wire this was but am unable to find the thread. Does anyone recall the color of the wire I'm suppose to put the resistor on?

·
Registered
693 Posts
let me know how this works.if i turn the heat on and go one click over on the temp dial i get sahara hot.cant even run the heater it gets too hot...

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I get zero heat period. I used to have the one click to the right issue and then next day i got zero heat. With winter on its way i want to get this fixed.

·
Registered
9 Posts
If you are not getting heat, have you tried looking into the Temperature Mode Valve Actuator Assembly? I had a similar issue, no heat, I felt the hoses going to the heater core were hot, so took off the panel under the steering wheel and looked for the actuators to see if they were working (they are located along next to the radio on the side below the dash) and notice one of the two was not, swapped it out and there was heat. I found them for a good price on Amazon, bought 2 there for the price of what it would cost for one at either Autozone or Oreilly's and those were not AC Delco.

ACDelco 15-73200 GM Original Equipment Temperature Mode Valve Actuator Assembly

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you are not getting heat, have you tried looking into the Temperature Mode Valve Actuator Assembly? I had a similar issue, no heat, I felt the hoses going to the heater core were hot, so took off the panel under the steering wheel and looked for the actuators to see if they were working (they are located along next to the radio on the side below the dash) and notice one of the two was not, swapped it out and there was heat. I found them for a good price on Amazon, bought 2 there for the price of what it would cost for one at either Autozone or Oreilly's and those were not AC Delco.

ACDelco 15-73200 GM Original Equipment Temperature Mode Valve Actuator Assembly
I may try that, because I flushed and back flushed the heater core. coolant flows through it fine with no issues. The hoses are definitely hot coming in and out.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Replace the ticking actuator. It was the one in the middle. Not the bottom one, not the hidden one, but the one right in the middle.

After replacing it and doing a recalibration I no longer have AC and still don't have heat. From what I can tell the AC compressor is not turning on when I press the snowflake. It doesn't matter what position the temperature control knob is set to, it doesn't do anything. My AC was working fine before changing out the actuator.

I also don't feel the actuator turning when I turn the knob from one temp to another, I'm going to swap the middle one(new) with the bottom one and see if that makes a difference, maybe I got a defective one?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts