Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

101 - 111 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Blower motor stopped working

I have this issue. Blower would work then stop for no reason. I had the resistor go out once before so I assumed that was the problem again but seems to be good. Found the thread from Chicken wire about the BCM and inspected it and doesn't seem to have any issues. Replaced relay 30 and still no luck. I am lost and don't know what else to do. Anyone have any other ideas? 06 Solstice with 2.4NA and less than 75k. Rarely drive the car, but working on trying to get it back to perfect condition and would really like to get this issue fixed.
Can't drive it in the winter mornings because I have no way to defrost the windshield.

·
Registered
26 Posts
easy fix at Part Source for resistor and harness kit

I too just experienced same thing. Could feel cold come out of vent, but no blower!
Took dash apart, pulled harness, and found the exact same connector burnt!
Went to GM dealership in Burlington, they had the red piece of harness, and five clips, plus resistor for $91 plus tax. I didn't want to be pulling old ends out, or cutting and getting shorter leads, so passed and went to Part Source in Burlington to see what they had. For $86 plus tax, it was the red end of the harness including about 8" of wiring intact, and 5 wire connectors plus the resistor. I liked that I had the extra wiring so not straining to reconnect with shortened wires. For anyone looking, they have a Dorman Products Blower Motor Resistor kit. Product sku is 973-510. Took me half an hour to fix harness, and plug in. Fingers crossed, turned the key, and hit the AC and it was ALIVE! Now I can drive again in this 30 degree plus humidex for a feeling of 40 degrees Celsius weather with my roof up!

·
Registered
238 Posts
I love this forum. Blower quit and sure enough, a burnt connector. I have no idea how long it would have taken me figure it out without the help I get here. Thanks to all.

·
Registered
75 Posts
does the resistor should be bolted in the specific hole ?
OR I could leave it somewhere ?

My Blower stopped working in all speeds, I removed it and the 5th pin was melted.

I curved the Pin a little and blower works in ALL 4 Speeds,

What do you guyz suggest doing ? Buying new resistor or harness ?

Thanks in advanvce & happy new year !

·
Premium Member
3,557 Posts

So, does everyone agree that the three part numbers for this fix are:
25949869 ( below )

:huh:

·
Registered
987 Posts
Had mine replaced this week. Same as everyone else.
Any whisper of a recall/refund of any sort on this obviously defective part?

·
Registered
238 Posts
Had mine replaced this week. Same as everyone else.
Any whisper of a recall/refund of any sort on this obviously defective part?
Good luck with that. I took tremendous effort to get the seat sensor recalled and that was an obvious safety issue. With the age of our cars I think GM will be deaf to any recall for this.

·
Registered
6,742 Posts
Per the discussion in a thread a couple of weeks ago, Hummers had a recall for this same problem (they use the same parts). If some one gets to work on it, they might extend it.

101 - 111 of 111 Posts