Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well like an idiot I left the car parked out in heavy rain. When I got into it in the morning the seatbelt was wet. That is odd, I looked for rain intrusion on the interior and there was none. I noticed that the whole spool of seatbelt was wet, like it was leaking into where it retracts, does anyone have ideas? thank you!

·
Registered
220 Posts
there could be a leak behind the rear speaker quarter panel or the rear waterfall panel above where the seatbelt retracts to where only the seatbelt does get wet. I would remove the speaker panel and check for water first.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
I park mine in the garage and wait for the roads to dry out. When it was my DD, I just drove it and didn't worry about things like that. But that's just me. I think TS is on to something there.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks tomato soup, I read the links but nothing seemed to help. The rear window is not seperating from the top. I lifted the trunk and the drains on that side were not blocked. The seal on the rear quarter was barely held down so I added RTV and resealed it, hopefully that will help.

·
Registered
7,158 Posts
Ahhh... well good luck. Might be a new leak area, let us know.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well I think the seatbelt issue is fixed with rtving that weather strip. New issue discovered.

The corner where the top meets the front window seal where the top slides into the seal leaks and drips right infront of the seat, any fixes?

·
Registered
433 Posts
Well like an idiot I left the car parked out in heavy rain. When I got into it in the morning the seatbelt was wet. That is odd, I looked for rain intrusion on the interior and there was none. I noticed that the whole spool of seatbelt was wet, like it was leaking into where it retracts, does anyone have ideas? thank you!
Your concern for a leak is certainly understood. Keep us updated on the status. If you decide to have it looked at by a dealer, let me know the progress in a private message. I hope this is resolved quickly for you.

Matt,

GM Customer Service

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
well I think the seatbelt issue is fixed with rtving that weather strip. New issue discovered.

The corner where the top meets the front window seal where the top slides into the seal leaks and drips right infront of the seat, any fixes?
When you pull the top up do you check the w/strip mounted on the top that runs down the back of the door window (ball shaped at bottom) and make sure it fits all the way forward in the w/strip that is mounted on the body {socket shaped) on both sides of the car before latching the top?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts