Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

Hello All

2K views 24 replies 13 participants last post by  Rosscoe 
#1 ·
Hello. I'm very pleased to say that I just became the proud owner of a 2009 Solstice GXP that has 28,000 miles, is dark blue with a tan rag top and an automatic. I've been in love with the Solstice since I first laid eyes on them back in 2006. I also admit I've been haunting this forum for quite some time picking up pointers on what to look for in a purchase and what to avoid. I'm very glad I did. Unfortunately the car did not come with the owners manual so I'm on the lookout for one. Should any one know where I might obtain on, or have any suggestions where to look other than ebay, I would appreciate any and all help. Thanks in advance. Rick

#5 ·
Welcome to the forum.

#10 ·
Welcome, btw, your shade of blue was a one year only color, and only 209 were made (48U GM generic name, All Terrain Blue, WA406P). Solstice blue was called Deep in 06, 07, & 08, but in 09 they made the shade lighter, but still keep the Deep name. Probably to save money in marketing & advertising.

http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f11/solstice-production-numbers-year-color-126161/

2006, 07, 08 dark blue Deep on left, 2009 Medium Deep on right.

Thanks to 56XK140 for doing the original leg work on this.

I have added the 2009-10 Coupes to this listing and uploaded a PDF and JPG below.

#14 ·
Update on the GXP... Had it serviced with new oil and filter, flushed the cooling system and replaced with new Dexcool antifreeze, flushed and replaced the brake/hydraulic fluid, replaced the transmission fluid and filter, (the pan gasket was leaking so had that replaced as well), had a complete maintenance level 2 performed and am now about to acquire new tires. I've been reading all the threads regarding tires and have decided to go with a set of high performance, all weather tires, (BF Goodrich G-Force Comp-2 A/S). Also on my list of things to do/acquire are a Cold Air Induction setup and Turbo Charge tubes. Will most likely go with DDM for these as they support the forum. Just curious, do they offer a discount to Solstice Forum members? Haven't decided to go with the GMPP yet but am giving it very serious consideration. Any other suggestions, recommendations or thoughts are always appreciated and thank you for making me feel welcome.:smile2:

#15 ·
DDM works is a great source for kappa accessories .Just a heads up ,if you do the charge tubes my suggestion would be to fab another mounting bracket that mounts to the frame. The stock one does not hold the pipe very rigid and on mine it actually rubbed against the hood hinge. I caught it time before it created a hole. Once I made a new bracket it was gold. Trifecta has a great tune. Flash cable. It should net about 275hp to the wheels and 23psi of boost . It was a great addition for the price. I am happy with AEM for a cold air also from DDM .Solo performance also has a great exhaust and a high flo cat combo. Good luck and welcome

Attachments

#20 ·
I took the 09 GXP out for its' first extended run today, (extended for me that is :p), and during the run I noticed the engine coolant temperature running between 205 and 210F with a peak of 212 at about 73mph then dropping back to 205. Is this a normal operating temperature for an 09 GXP? All my other vehicles seem to run around 195F. I also noticed the turbocharge cooling pipe, (the intermediate pipe #19129914 that feeds the hose to the turbo from the intercooler), is rubbing on the bottom of the hood and a small groove has begun to form. Can this pipe be adjusted to a lower position to obtain clearance or is it a fixed mounting position? I don't want to wear a hole through the tube and I really don't want to modify the hood, (put a dent in the bottom of a hood reinforcement strut), to provide clearance. Any suggestions or recommendations? Thanks again, Rick

#24 ·
i'm no gearhead nor solstice expert but mine ran around those temperatures last year with no issues. I have since changed all the fluids with normal maintenance and now it runs cooler around 190. not sure it that's your issue, but it was apparently mine for running a little warmer.

hope you enjoy it but be careful, took mine out to watch the broncos Monday night at the local watering hole and I barked the tires in 2nd(I like to do that) on the way over and of course at the next stop sign are the local police. I am quite sure I would have gotten a ticket for excessive display of speed if they were one stop sign up. :smile2:

Reactions: 09GXP
#22 ·
Rosscoe, This clears up a lot! You mentioned, "I did grind the hood bracket slightly as well". Are you referring to the hood brace on the bottom of the hood that crosses over the top of the charge tube or the hood hinge/mounting bracket? I'm starting the fabrication of the mounting brackets today. Again, thanks, I owe you! :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.