Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I'm the happy owner of a very well used 2006 base 2.4l manual Solstice. I happened to purchase it from a grandmother who wrenched on it herself, drag raced it herself, learn to drift (with her grand children) in it herself and generally enjoyed life with it. Suffice to say the Solstice and the previous owner have a rich history of a life fully lived. There's a number of issues I'm tackling right now including but not limited to; broken driver handle, lots of clear coat peel, cranky trunk release, big oil leak (rms?), fried clutch and a strong interior cigar smell (ozone generator on the way). I've also got to figure out if the floating front end at 70 mph is normal lift or there is something seriously wrong with the car! :eek:

The price was right and I needed something to tinker with. It was between this and a Fiat 500C Abarth. It's certainly not the 'best' car but damned if it doesn't have a lot of charm through its quirks. I'm coming most recently from a 997 911 that I modded and thoroughly enjoyed. Lots of PCA DE's in that thing over the past 3 years, some time with VARA, prior to that I ran a built Honda S2000 at local autox (Speed Ventures) for a few years. There's been some Miata's, Corvette, GTI, Prelude, '70 Bug, karts and a healthy sprinkling of machines I can't remember off the top over the past 15 years. I've helped friends get into motorsports along the way; currently working with a buddy and his Toyota MR-2 Spyder.

October 5 & 6 is the next autocross where the Solstice will get a proper shakedown. Looking forward to participating on the forum and I will try to keep a thread going on mishaps and adventures of the car.

I'm so smitten by these Kappas I'm already planning an 'upgrade' to a GXP next year.

Cheers,
Colin

·
Premium Member
10,283 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

·
Premium Member
400 Posts
Welcome... lots of great info, going back to 2006, is stored on this forum!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts