Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
#250 of the first 1,000
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My name is Jesse and I'm new to the forms. I just purchased #250 of the first 1,000...

I have major plans for the vehicle, but I wanted to ask if anyone is going to be offended if I remove many of the stock pieces of this vehicle. Should I find another solstice to heavily modify, or am I okay gutting one of the first 1,000?

·
Premium Member
2009 Pontiac Solstice GXP Coupe 001136
352 Posts
Welcome—always good to see a 1k back in the fold. Unless #250 was a 1-owner, pristine example, I think you should mod to your heart’s content. The cars are meant to be enjoyed.

That said, I’m an old-timer who likes stock Sols… so, think reversable mods wherever possible, unless you know you’ll never sell.

·
Premium Member
4,858 Posts
do as you wish - the car is yours.

·
Premium Member
799 Posts
V8 swap?

·
Registered
6,014 Posts
Offended? Who cares - do what you want with your car!

(I think you'll find most in this community aren't "purists" looking down their noses at anyone!)

Welcome!

·
Registered
#250 of the first 1,000
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
It has actually been in a rear-end accident, but it is relatively clean and only has 56,000 miles...

My plan is to replace the rear bumper to repair the damage and to give cutouts for a higher flowing exhaust, the "fenders" behind the wheel well, add a subtle spoiler, black headlights, and a front bumper to give more room for air flow across an intercooler.

Wheels and tires, coilovers, big brake kit, turbo kit with associated supporting mods (shooting for 325-350 to the wheels on pump), replace the chrome door handles with black to match, change the silver ring around the windshield to black to match the rest of the vehicle. A smaller aftermarket steering wheel so that I don't have a fitment issue with my right knee between the steering wheel and the transmission tunnel "center console" (I am 6'4" 250 lb ) Redesign the armrest center console with a padded recess that does not crack where your elbow goes. Replace the factory stereo with a deck that has Bluetooth and android auto. Completely redo the factory sound system. Shave the FM antenna off of the passenger side rear quarter panel. Shave the XM antenna off of the trunk...

I figure that list is a good place to start.

Awesome side note... it still has the 15 year old factory tires on it o_O

·
Registered
6 Posts
My name is Jesse and I'm new to the forms. I just purchased #250 of the first 1,000...

I have major plans for the vehicle, but I wanted to ask if anyone is going to be offended if I remove many of the stock pieces of this vehicle. Should I find another solstice to heavily modify, or am I okay gutting one of the first 1,000?
Hi Jesse welcome to the club. I have a original 06 from the apprentice ordered in April 06 #948. It’s your car enjoy it. Mine has 8,000 miles and I love it as it is. Have thoughts of changes but can make myself do it. Lol

·
Registered
4,863 Posts
Just remember...mods are just that....mods. They don't add value to your vehicle and in many cases, possibly take value away. Unless you have all of the memorabilia that went with the first 1000, I wouldn't worry too much about destroying value. If you have all of that and all of the service records, then that car is worth a lot more then any other first 1000.

Reactions: Hurricane87

·
Registered
10 Posts

I decided that I wouldn't do any mods & keep mine as original as possible. I figured that their value will go up, eventually, some day.
I've also said many times that I'll die in it, or w/it. If that's the case, why do I even care about the value?! I know that I'll instantly regret selling, if I do sell it, so I'm not planning to ever get rid of it. If you don't plan on selling it, then fly your flag & make the mods you want! Enjoy it. I love driving mine still after 10yrs.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts