Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,
We would like to introduce ourselves as the new Chevrolet Customer Service contacts on the the Solstice forum! Yes, we did say “we.” To better address your questions and concerns in a timely manner we will now have 2 individuals as your primarily GM contact on this forum! We look forward to being members of this great community!

Sincerely,
Jackie and Jennifer :)

·
Registered
200 Posts
Good one, Soup!

·
Registered
432 Posts
This is good news, though probably too little too late for me. I am 37 years old and have purchased 13 cars over the last 15 years (all were new except one was used) The solstice was my first GM product and probably my last, not because of the car and it's quirks but because of the GM service departments and their lack on training. They don't care, don't know what they are doing and flat out damaged my car several times (dented hood, dented underside/fenders) in fact one time it took them 3 weeks to fix a check engine light under full freakin warranty! I didn't even have this amount of trouble with the service people on probably every other car combined than what has happened to my solstice.

I even called GM customer service and PM'd Matt on this forum, both were what would best be described as unresponsive. At this point my opinion of GM is like that old saying "fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me!" In other words I don't know that I will ever buy another GM product and if I do, I will be very cautious to the point of possible paranoia!

·
Registered
5,422 Posts
Did Jackie and Jennifer put the smackdown on Matt? lol!

I'm glad that gm cust - serv pays attention to the forum to see what their customers are going through. It would be far too easy for them to make the statement that a member heard a dealer say - "you can't believe anything you see on the internet". While there's a big load of truth in that, forums such as this aren't filled with people just making stuff up for the fun of it.

Looking forward to working with you when it's necessary!

·
Registered
4,161 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,917 Posts
Hi Everyone,
We would like to introduce ourselves as the new Chevrolet Customer Service contacts on the the Solstice forum!...
Thanks !

:yesnod:

·
Registered
292 Posts
Matt was very good to me.
He also called me and my dealer.
A high five for Matt.
LLLFLY

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
This is good news, though probably too little too late for me. I am 37 years old and have purchased 13 cars over the last 15 years (all were new except one was used) The solstice was my first GM product and probably my last, not because of the car and it's quirks but because of the GM service departments and their lack on training. They don't care, don't know what they are doing and flat out damaged my car several times (dented hood, dented underside/fenders) in fact one time it took them 3 weeks to fix a check engine light under full freakin warranty! I didn't even have this amount of trouble with the service people on probably every other car combined than what has happened to my solstice.

I even called GM customer service and PM'd Matt on this forum, both were what would best be described as unresponsive. At this point my opinion of GM is like that old saying "fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me!" In other words I don't know that I will ever buy another GM product and if I do, I will be very cautious to the point of possible paranoia!
Exhibit13,

Honestly, “Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me!” is one of my favorite quotes. With that said, I understand how frustrating it can me when you feel you had a bad experience with customer service. We are in the middle of transitioning to a new location and expending our team to better serve you. I would like to try to assist you, please private message me the concern you messaged Matt?

Jennifer T,
GM Customer Care

·
Premium Member
2,319 Posts
Welcome. Nice to have you folks listening in.........

·
Registered
432 Posts
Exhibit13,

Honestly, “Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me!” is one of my favorite quotes. With that said, I understand how frustrating it can me when you feel you had a bad experience with customer service. We are in the middle of transitioning to a new location and expending our team to better serve you. I would like to try to assist you, please private message me the concern you messaged Matt?

Jennifer T,
GM Customer Care
I thank you for your offer but at this point my bumper to bumper warranty has expired and I can't find a local GM dealer that I trust with my solstice. I am sure you have the best intentions Jennifer so I do thank you sincerely but the below is a very brief summery of just the major issues I had.

After being told a bumper to bumper warranty doesn't cover this or that (to me bumper to bumper means everything but wear and tear parts like brakes, but to GM apparently there is a totally separate definition) and having dents put in my cars hood (left a bolt facing upward and closed hood on it, when I noticed it they agreed to fix the hood and after two attempts it still looks terrible) and crunched my fenders and lower sides of the car (by not lifting the car properly) all by a "GM certified service dealer" because they had no clue what they were doing and didn't show enough care with a product they didn't have experience with. In this process they also had my car for 3 weeks. :brentil: I just don't see myself buying another GM product, at least not anytime soon anyway.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Matt is ok, we are here to help!

Welcome. Nice to have you folks listening in.........
We are glad to be here BellaVerde! We will do what we can to make sure we are helpful and present in the forum. And no Chickenwire we have not hurt Matt in any way lol. He has moved on to a new department. He is safe and unharmed!

Jackie, GM Customer Service

·
Registered
278 Posts
Hello Jackie &/or Jennifer, I am out of warranty however thought I'd ask about 2 problems which have bothered me that have happened long before out of warranty. On the passenger side door sill, the metal solstice insert has raised in the middle (due to metal expansion vs plastic) and separated a quarter to half inch from the door sill. My second issue is the wear on the underside of the top (there's a metal edge which rubs the underside of the top when lowering/raising - I think there is a TSB - top pinching).

I'm not sure of your area covers Canadian dealerships however please let me know if I have any good will options to have these fixed.

·
Registered
612 Posts
I understand how frustrating it can me when you feel you had a bad experience with customer service.
Bad service... From Matt? He** no! Matt went out of his way to resolve all of my problems. Maybe that's why he's gone, GM didn't like all the (correct) Customer assistance he gave us. :cuss:

·
Registered
448 Posts
I thank you for your offer but at this point my bumper to bumper warranty has expired and I can't find a local GM dealer that I trust with my solstice. I am sure you have the best intentions Jennifer so I do thank you sincerely but the below is a very brief summery of just the major issues I had.

After being told a bumper to bumper warranty doesn't cover this or that (to me bumper to bumper means everything but wear and tear parts like brakes, but to GM apparently there is a totally separate definition) and having dents put in my cars hood (left a bolt facing upward and closed hood on it, when I noticed it they agreed to fix the hood and after two attempts it still looks terrible) and crunched my fenders and lower sides of the car (by not lifting the car properly) all by a "GM certified service dealer" because they had no clue what they were doing and didn't show enough care with a product they didn't have experience with. In this process they also had my car for 3 weeks. :brentil: I just don't see myself buying another GM product, at least not anytime soon anyway.

I had that issue as well on a couple items. One being my seat which they finally agreed to fix (although it still feels the same so I'm starting to wonder if they just said they fixed it) but the big one being the wheel wells that have cracked. I gave up on that one and now I'm 2 years out of the warranty period and hearing of people who are out of warranty still getting them covered (apparently the bolts/screws used caused the problem) yet I can't get mine replaced...for this reason the two daily drivers I bought in the last year for my wife and me were not GM and I get the family discount on GM cars to boot! Just can't spend money on products when I have to fight to get something taken care of or worst they won't take care of it no matter how much ya fight.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts