Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings All,

Hello from South Florida....While not new to the Kappa's and being on my 2nd one in 15 years, I have decided to finally join the forum instead of lurking in the darkness and just reading and providing zero input......

I have posted 2 pictures of my rides, the wrecked one being my 2006 Base I wrapped around a tree when I was 18 and the other being a 2007 GXP I recently picked up from a dealership in the back lot\not running. The 07 was neglected by the original and only owner to the point I had to drag it home. Luckily the 06 still sits in my garage as the parts car.

Because our Kappa's are getting up there in the double digits I wanted to begin to share some of my experience with fixing these and the difficulty of finding replacement parts which is insane. I have found that many of the corvette electronics and GM cars of that era fill the emptiness of this parts bin car.

I hope to post what I know here and share my knowledge which I have been documenting via barbaric backyard mechanic vlogs on YouTube.

----Project for this weekend is full radiator replacement/Upper/Lower Coolant Hose/Check Valves and Rack\Pinion Burping....will post in the how to section when finished...wish me luck!

Car Land vehicle Vehicle Tire Wheel
Wheel Vehicle Car Tire Sky

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome! (Though looking at that first pic was painful . . . )
I can tell you it was painfull....no airbag deployment as the tree took out the battery first not allowing the deployment of the sensor.

· Premium Member
2008 Pontiac Solstice GXP
1,032 Posts
What took you so long... welcome and good luck with your project, be sure to post and a show off some pictures!

Reactions: agent008

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
That GXP looks amazing for a neglected car!
Needed a good rubbing compound, paint restoration, leather seats and virtually everything under the hood...still some other issues but getting to them slowly.

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks all for the warm welcome and amazed to see most are in SFL....and Brazil haha.

As promised in my original post I finished the Radiator replacement this weekend. I do have to say much harder than waterpump. I do want to mention that while many resort to water pump anytime there is a leak..... don't be fooled, it may be a small Crack in the Radiator.

Here's the link, use as a reference and god be with you if you do this particular fix.

Not sure if there's a how to section on forum..... hoping admin can move to right section...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts