Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I just bought an '07 and promptly put it away in storage :confused: I can't wait until spring.

Anyone else on here from the Berkshires?

·
Registered
2008 Solstice, 2.4L 5 Speed, Dark Gray with a good looking dude behind the wheel. (My Son)
226 Posts
Congratulations !

You did give it some proper driving, a hand wash and a detail ? So you know what your bought.
Hi all. I just bought an '07 and promptly put it away in storage :confused: I can't wait until spring.

Oh My. This reminds me of why I moved south. Just got back to MS from a trip just north of KCKS. It was 64* F when I left MS and 8* upon arrival up north. Yesterday I went for about a 100-mile jaunt with the top down and will be going out today again. The top on my Solstice has only been put up for washing, never for cruising. Buying one and putting it in storage goes against my grain but, it goes with the territory, I guess.

Rams

·
Registered
2008 Pontiac Solstice GXP
3,935 Posts
I used to work in the Berkshires. In Granville specifically. Family used to own Prospect Mountain Campground, worked there for some 12 years or so. Brought it back from the dead is what we did. It was going to go into bankruptcy and close had my family not purchased it. Lots of memories of the place. Owned my first Solstice when I was working there.

Reactions: ptro180

·
Premium Member
736 Posts
welcome to the club, I know of a couple skys in orange ma kinda in your are ;)

Reactions: ptro180

·
Registered
7 Posts
Congrats & enjoy i the sprig!!! Did you get the Mean Yellow one in New Hampshire that was on auto trader? looked like a great car at a very reasonable price. Good luck with it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sorry for the late reply. Mine is just a standard, black model. I'll try to upload a picture I took before putting it in storage. I did wash it and gave it a once over, but not a full detail; I ran out of time as more snow was predicted. I've been pouring through the threads, contemplating adding the wind deflector, but am concerned about storing it during a trip as it sound like it's great for some driving conditions but not for others. It didn't need it, but I've ordered a new Boss radio (with Apple Car Play). Would love to change the color, but the quotes I received were a bit more than I wanted to pay and I'm sure paint is not something you'd want to go cheap.
Wheel Tire Car Snow Vehicle

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I received a quote to wrap it; maybe British Racing Green is still in the cards...

·
Registered
2 Posts

Hi, I'm from Pittsfield in western Mass. I have a 08 magnetic (carbon flash) NA with 28,000 miles. I just want to say putting the car up for the winter sucks but taking the first drive in the spring is awesome! My car is pretty much stock with the exception of a grille, couldn't stand the silver plastic one.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hi, I'm from Pittsfield in western Mass. I have a 08 magnetic (carbon flash) NA with 28,000 miles. I just want to say putting the car up for the winter sucks but taking the first drive in the spring is awesome! My car is pretty much stock with the exception of a grille, couldn't stand the silver plastic one.
Hi Joe; I'm Paul. I live in Hinsdale but work in Pittsfield; home of the pervasive bike paths.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts