Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With all the games GM has been playing with the price and release, bye bye Solstice. HELLO JAGUAR.
Quote:
Finally, a benefit from dealer markups

This is absolutely true. Because of "dealer" markups my wife decided to get a Jag S-Type rather than continue the never ending wait.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
ooooo a good time to use my emoticon.

:brentil:

With all the games GM has been playing with the price and release
GM has played zero games with pricing. Any issues with pricing is from your dealership marking the car up. Which is easily negated by going to another dealership. It's been extremely simple to get MSRP contracts from dealerships.

Also the original release date of the Solstice was Fall 2005, then they moved it up to Summer 2005 when they felt they were ahead of schedule. However quality issues arrose and GM took the time to fix them to get the car right the first time. The cars are STILL going to be out in Summer 2005 anyways. Summer isn't over till Sept 21st. If you've read other areas of the forum you'll notice cars start shipping this coming week to dealers too, which still means a Summer 2005 delivery.

If you were under some other false pretenses then I'm sorry you picked these up from your dealer or wherever else they've come from. I hope you're happy with your Jaguar, but there's no need to blame GM for playing games when they haven't been.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Jaguar S-Type is no longer the car it was a few years ago. I owned one, traded it in for my Audi A4 Convertible. Best decision I ever made in life. Too bad you couldn't wait it out. The Solstice will be the talk of the town for the next two years. You could have sold the Solstice for a huge profit and used the difference toward the Jaguar payment. Just my thoughts! :willy:

·
4,592 Posts
Jimbo's "nobody cares" thread comes into play here, kudos Jimbo!

Why:

It was said very well by Ff88, thus I quote:
QUOTE:
"I agree Jimbo! I am glad someone said it.

I think we have seen from all the complaining about what this car doesn’t have on it as far as options and engines, trunk space, etc, that this car is not really for everyone that is on this forum. So it is no surprise when some people end up opting for something else.

Anyone who really wants a Solstice will wait. Its not like they have to wait 5 years. Just a few more months. Anyone who ends up wanting something else, well, they will end up with something else.

I say best of luck to them. I have no problem with their decision.

I just wish some of these people wouldn’t take cheap shots at GM on their way out. They didn’t like the car. Fine. No need to drag GM through the mud because the car didn’t fit their needs or wants."
ENDQUOTE

Thanks for saving me some typing Ff88!

We can say best wishes to those that choose to pass on a Solstice but not if they have to attack on the way out, that's just useless posting.

·
Registered
2,060 Posts

Seriously. You wanna start trashing GM for all the problems YOUR dealer caused you? With such a low post count I can tell you haven't participated enough in the forums to have a genuine interest in the car anyway. If you had problems that you wanted help with, you'd have posted with questions. You never really wanted the car anyway... so go join a Jag forum and take your attitude with you! You can GTFO, as far as I'm concerned. (don't know what it means? google it!) GM HATER!

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
stang said:
I don't get it? The wait is over. The cars are on the way. That's like waiting in line overnight for tickets and then leaving when the box office opens. :skep:
Well, I wouldn't say that the wait is over, because for some of us it will be many months before we get our cars (assuming we are able to get one at all). But, the fact is, everyone knew there was going to be a wait for this car. If you're not willing to wait, then this was never the car for you. It's time some people grow up and realize you can't always have what you want, when you want it. It reminds me of some of the students I have in class sometimes. They think they're going to walk out of high school and start making $50,000 a year. They don't think they should have to work or wait for anything. Assuming I get my Solstice (and I know regardless of what happens with my dealer, I will eventually be able to get one), the wait will just make it that much sweeter when I get it.

·
Premium Member
4,053 Posts
Editguy said:
Well, I wouldn't say that the wait is over, because for some of us it will be many months before we get our cars (assuming we are able to get one at all). But, the fact is, everyone knew there was going to be a wait for this car. If you're not willing to wait, then this was never the car for you. It's time some people grow up and realize you can't always have what you want, when you want it. It reminds me of some of the students I have in class sometimes. They think they're going to walk out of high school and start making $50,000 a year. They don't think they should have to work or wait for anything. Assuming I get my Solstice (and I know regardless of what happens with my dealer, I will eventually be able to get one), the wait will just make it that much sweeter when I get it.
I thought saying "the wait is over" might come off wrong. To go back to my example, you're still in line, but now the line is moving. You spent the whole night freezing your butt off and you can't wait the extra 30 minutes to get the ticket? It's insane! :willy:

High school kids. You gotta love their arrogent stupidity towards reality. :lol:

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Trippydev said:
With all the games GM has been playing with the price and release, bye bye Solstice. HELLO JAGUAR.
First, I think you should take Dori-sans advice :leaving:

Not that I believe you ever were planning to get a Solstice :skep:

Wonder what has inspired all of these low-posters to suddenly chime-in with their negative comments just when the Solstices start to ship?

·
5,600 Posts
Now, let me get this straight...

You thought you wanted a $20,000 2900-pound American made convertible sports car but dealer mark-up and delivery delays (of a completely original brand new car) made you buy a $45,000 British 4-door sedan that weighs 1000 pounds more.

Oh yeah, sure, I can see the logic in that... :crazy:

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Oh I know GOD! These markups are INSANE!!! I'm glad my dealer sold me mine at MSRP, cause if he was gonna give me a markup I was gonna tell him to forget it and then go buy a Lambo.

True story! My uncle was gonna get a PT Cruiser, but they were gonna charge him 20 bucks over MSRP... he flipped out and cussed out all the salesmen at the dealership! Needless to say, now he's driving a Bently Continental GT cause it was a better deal anyway! :rolleyes:

LATER!

·
Registered
230 Posts
dori-san said:
Oh I know GOD! These markups are INSANE!!! I'm glad my dealer sold me mine at MSRP, cause if he was gonna give me a markup I was gonna tell him to forget it and then go buy a Lambo.

True story! My uncle was gonna get a PT Cruiser, but they were gonna charge him 20 bucks over MSRP... he flipped out and cussed out all the salesmen at the dealership! Needless to say, now he's driving a Bently Continental GT cause it was a better deal anyway! :rolleyes:

LATER!

:glol:

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
ntouched said:
Jaguar S-Type is no longer the car it was a few years ago.
My wife had always wanted a Jag - but no more. During a recent visit with some relatives, we noticed my Aunt was driving an S-type. When my wife inquired how they liked it - we were treated to an amazing littany of problems and dealer visits (not lemon-law qualified as it was purchased used).

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
dori-san said:
Oh no! Now I'm getting Calbear flashbacks. Stop that, Dori! :lol:

At any rate, let's not come down too hard on Trippy. Many of us feel like it's pulling teeth trying to talk to our dealer and if not, we've at least seen some of the horror stories here about bad dealers who change their tune every ten minutes and give customers information that is just plain wrong. It may be that he just got jerked around by his dealer and it left a bad taste in his mouth for GM. Maybe not the best solution, but I can understand how it could happen. At least he was fairly civil in expressing his frustration and didn't talk too much trash.

·
Registered
270 Posts
tcl As a former E type owner I've been waiting for them to bring something like it back. I think the Solstice is closer to the E type theme than anything Jaguar produces today.[/QUOTE said:
:agree:

As a long time Jaguar afficionado and former owner, I've never felt very 'won over' by the S-type. And my only negative comment about the F-type was that it for me it resembled an Aston Martin a little too much. But that's only my own opinion.
It's still a shame that it might not be built.
Coming from such a long and glorious pedigree Jaguar could use a winner. The S-type does nothing to shore that up. And the awful X-type station wagon is an abomination, lol.
As for the Solstice, while it doesn't resemble the Jags of old to me, it still captures that ability to hold the eye, to appear moving even while at rest, and most of all- amazingly affordable.

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
JAYP said:
It's hard to tell a Jag from a Ford Taurus these days and you would probably have better luck with the Ford,slightly better,
Not quite. The Jag S is most similar to the Lincoln LS with which it shares a ton of parts. What I don't understand is why buy a Jag S at twice the price of a fully loaded Solstice when with the family and friends program that is now expiring a Lincoln LS WITH THE V8 could have been had in the 20's with NO DICKer.

The S isn't even a topdown car, for that in Jag you have to spend 80k.

I once contemplated an X-type but returned to a second GP GTP despite not having awd and wood that is is polished just a little too much that it looks plastic, mostlty because it was a dog in traffic.

Just means one more available Solstice for all true blue enthusiasts.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.