Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nice to meet y'all, I'm Lil a new owner of a 2008 Pontiac solstice GXP. Got a bit of an issue that I was hoping to get some help on. Went to replace the wiper fluid and saw a broken hose. Can someone tell me what it is and what is does so I can fix it?

·
Registered
5,932 Posts
Welcome Lil. Search feature at the top of the page will guide you to many threads that address this issue. Have fun with your new ride!

·
Registered
5,932 Posts
If you don't find what you're looking for, report back. A lot of helpful people here. (And I believe your situation is quite common - I'm not a GXP owner but have seen a few mentions of the condition!)

·
Registered
526 Posts
Looks like it was broken before judging from the molten silicon goop. Many easy fixes. You can get a throat tube and screw it on and connect back the check valve hose.
For me, I cut a 2-3" length of 1/4" hose and JB Welded into the outlet. Works great. The transparent hose allows me to monitor any potential oil blow back from the engine head.
Be sure to remove the broken nipple before you reconnect.
It's a know failure piece so don't feel bad.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Welcome, that is the notorious “Brocken nipple”. Easy fix as Wonderkind said. It’s not doing any damage so no big hurry to fix, more when you get around to it

·
Registered
2007 SOLSTICE GXP
12 Posts
Nice to meet y'all, I'm Lil a new owner of a 2008 Pontiac solstice GXP. Got a bit of an issue that I was hoping to get some help on. Went to replace the wiper fluid and saw a broken hose. Can someone tell me what it is and what is does so I can fix it? View attachment 111450 View attachment 111451
The piece that‘s broken off, can be removed from the hose by sliding that yellow tab. (Probably know by now) The larger piece that it should be attached to, is a relatively cheap piece to buy. I had it done at a dealership, but you could do it yourself. The main reason these break, is while checking the air filter. I tried different glues, but I’m a perfectionist, and wanted it stock. Going forward, if you have someone servicing, undo the quick connection for them. Hopefully this helps.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts