Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Unless things go horribly wrong... and there's a deal breaker of some sort, I'll be closing a deal next Thursday on a GXP. I've been lurking here for a few months now... learned a lot.
I started my search maybe 6 months ago and I've been stopping in here now and then to check out the volumes of information on just about every topic. The wealth of info here is incredible, so thanks to all of you posters. I feel I was able to make an educated decision on my new car, a red GXP Coupe, because of the many things I've learned here. So I'm thrilled to say I'm flying to Texas next week to drive her home to California. Hope to post more soon.
Thanks
SteveO

·
Registered
278 Posts
Good luck! Hope she meets all your expectations, I know mine did.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Congrats and Welcome. I'm sure you'll love it. So what's the story on the Coupe, how many Miles, any upgrades already done, any upgrades you are planning?
Again Welcome
:dthumbs:
Bert

·
Registered
292 Posts
Welcome,
LLLFLY

·
Registered
5,432 Posts
Welcome, you little son of a ... lol! For all of it's quirks, it's a great little car an a hella lotta fun!

·
Premium Member
2,319 Posts
Welcome. Enjoy your new set of wheels!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi everyone thanks for the warm welcome. Really happy to be here.
Yessir the one for sale in El Paso is mine. Unless there's a deal-breaker Thursday I'll drive her home.

I had the salesman send me a tons of photos & videos. He assures me it's been babied and is a real gem. It has 24,000 mile on it.

Upgrades? It has none that I can tell but I hope to do a few over time. Engine and Interior maybe? A friend of mine owns a custom upholstery business. So a few tasteful accents in leather? We'll see.

Thanks again
SteveO

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
Yessir the one for sale in El Paso is mine. Unless there's a deal-breaker Thursday I'll drive her home.
Congratulations!! Prepare for the perma-grin and constant stares. I usually have 1-2 people per week almost wreck on the freeway as they rubberneck to see "What the heck is that!".

Work on your answers to: "Wow, does that have a V8?" "Did you bring that over from Europe?" "Seriously, Pontiac couldn't have made that!" and on and on.

·
Registered
5,432 Posts
lol! Last October idling through a state park campground we got the "That's a PONTIAC?" comment from some young lads.

I forgot which member here said the car "turns more heads than a chiropractor."

1 - 13 of 13 Posts