Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to make a quick introduction to all the solsticeforum.com members, staff and browsers. My name is Steve Nairn, I work in the Sales and Tech Support department here at MBRPinc Performance Exhaust. We have been in the exhaust business for almost 15 years and are currently a leading manufacturer in North America for today's snowmobile, light diesel and gas truck, performance exhaust markets. We have been very fortunate experiencing great success in these markets, largely due to our quality products, our customer service and just simply providing a well manufactured product at a fair price.

We are currently designing and prototyping multiple systems available for both NA and FI solstices. I look forward to introducing our line here on solsticeforum.com.

If anyone has questions about our products please give me a call toll free at 1-888-636-7223 or contact me through email at [email protected] or PM me here on this forum. I will do my best to answer any questions in a timely manner.

Please be sure to check out our site at www.mbrp.com. Although our Solstice section is not yet up and running, I do have prototype pictures of all our products if anyone would like to see these prior to the official site release.

As we launch this new MBRP Inc line I will try to get a few "forum specials" introduced on the MBRP Inc vendor section. I look forward to working with all forum members.

Thanks

Steve Nairn
Sales and Tech Support
Phone 1-888-636-7223
E-mail [email protected]
Web www.mbrp.com

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Hey Steve,

I'm glad to see that MBRP is on the forum.

I'm excited to see some more parts become available for the platform. I know many have been drooling over my pipes. Looks like they may get their to have a set soon.

·
Premium Member
2,336 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Please post any pictures you have to this thread using Photobucket or similar pic host sites. I've seen your heat shield and it looks great. See if you can get a GXP owner to bring (wear) one to the S.E. meet in Lexington.:)

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
MBRP Turbo Heat Shields Available Now

We are now offering a GXP turbo heat shield that will be a direct bolt on component. I have 25 ready to be shipped. They are made of the T-304 stainless steel and have a mirror polished finish for $75.00. This is a forum special release and these shields are not being sold elsewhere at this time. If I can help in any way send me a PM, an email or call me directly at MBRP Inc. with any questions or for further information.

Steve Nairn
Sales and Tech Support
Phone 1-888-636-7223
E-mail [email protected]
Web MBRP Inc Performance Exhaust - Snowmobile, Diesel, Muscle Car, Exotic, Motorcycle and Sport Truck Exhaust Systems.

·
Premium Member
2,336 Posts
Looks beautiful. Now how bout a 'generic' shield for us aftermarket turbo guys? Something to fit everything from a Mitsu 16g up to a Garrett 50

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looks beautiful. Now how bout a 'generic' shield for us aftermarket turbo guys? Something to fit everything from a Mitsu 16g up to a Garrett 50
Thank you. We are currently doing the stock turbo shields but I would like to see some pictures of that Garrett 50! Does it still sit in the factory location with stock mounting? I see you have done some work...

We are getting very close to having our Solstice exhausts ready for production so keep an eye out for the official release.

Steve Nairn
Sales and Tech Support
Phone 1-888-636-7223
E-mail [email protected]
Web MBRP Inc Performance Exhaust - Snowmobile, Diesel, Muscle Car, Exotic, Motorcycle and Sport Truck Exhaust Systems.

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
Steve, I sent you a PM, I can't find on your web site how to order the cover

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Can we get more details on the axle-back stainless steel system? Does that include the carbon fiber mufflers?

I noticed in another thread, you had pics of an exhaust on a GXP (I think) with stainless mufflers. Is that the axle-back system? Do you have a sound clip of that one? Dyno results? Does it sound much different than the CF mufflers?

I love the way Craig's car sounds on the dyno, and I think the carbon is pretty cool, but I'm not sure if I'm sold on the looks of the bolt-on tips.

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
I love the way Craig's car sounds on the dyno, and I think the carbon is pretty cool, but I'm not sure if I'm sold on the looks of the bolt-on tips.
exactly. would it bring the cost down any to just have two bullet resonators in 409 rather than CF? There's two other Y-pipe designs on here and one sounds incredible with resonators but is out of the price range. The other is doable but an open design.

·
Registered
548 Posts
The heat shield looks great!

Any chance you can build it with the official Solstice font and the Solstice logo above?

We are now offering a GXP turbo heat shield that will be a direct bolt on component. I have 25 ready to be shipped. They are made of the T-304 stainless steel and have a mirror polished finish for $75.00. This is a forum special release and these shields are not being sold elsewhere at this time. If I can help in any way send me a PM, an email or call me directly at MBRP Inc. with any questions or for further information.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Can we get more details on the axle-back stainless steel system? Does that include the carbon fiber mufflers?

I noticed in another thread, you had pics of an exhaust on a GXP (I think) with stainless mufflers. Is that the axle-back system? Do you have a sound clip of that one? Dyno results? Does it sound much different than the CF mufflers?

The axle-back stainless steel system comes with stainless steel tips. The carbon fiber mufflers are available for the GXP only at this point.

The axle back system is still in the final stages of R&D but I will make sure we post more info including dyno results, video clips and system pictures.

As for the tips on Craig's car...they can be removed or exchanged for a different style in a matter of minutes. They simply bolt onto the end of the billet aluminum end cap. We will have both straight and angle cut tips available as well as sound cores which are fastened the same way and help lower the Db level of the exhaust.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
The axle-back stainless steel system comes with stainless steel tips. The carbon fiber mufflers are available for the GXP only at this point.

The axle back system is still in the final stages of R&D but I will make sure we post more info including dyno results, video clips and system pictures.

As for the tips on Craig's car...they can be removed or exchanged for a different style in a matter of minutes. They simply bolt onto the end of the billet aluminum end cap. We will have both straight and angle cut tips available as well as sound cores which are fastened the same way and help lower the Db level of the exhaust.
Don't get me wrong, I like the idea of interchangeable tips, and I even like the slashed tips. I'm just saying I'm not crazy about seeing the bolt heads. It's a little too "exotic," I guess, for lack of a better term. Not the look I'm personally going for on this car is all. That's just my opinion, though. If there were some sort tips available with clip-on beauty rings that covered the hardware, it would be perfect, in my eyes.

On the other hand, it looks hot on a sport bike or sport-touring bike. My last bike was a '96 GSX-R 750. I had a Yoshimura RS-3 full exhaust on it with a CF can. It was probably my favorite mod on that bike. The interchangeable bolt-on tips with exposed hardware would have really put it over the top!

I guess I'm commenting so much on your exhaust because it's SO CLOSE to perfect. To me, it's easily the coolest looking and coolest sounding exhaust I've seen for a Solstice yet. Judging from some of your shop's other projects, I can tell you guys are perfectionists and do top-notch work. That 911 system is a work of art!

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Don't get me wrong, I like the idea of interchangeable tips, and I even like the slashed tips. I'm just saying I'm not crazy about seeing the bolt heads. It's a little too "exotic," I guess, for lack of a better term. Not the look I'm personally going for on this car is all. That's just my opinion, though. If there were some sort tips available with clip-on beauty rings that covered the hardware, it would be perfect, in my eyes.

On the other hand, it looks hot on a sport bike or sport-touring bike. My last bike was a '96 GSX-R 750. I had a Yoshimura RS-3 full exhaust on it with a CF can. It was probably my favorite mod on that bike. The interchangeable bolt-on tips with exposed hardware would have really put it over the top!

I guess I'm commenting so much on your exhaust because it's SO CLOSE to perfect. To me, it's easily the coolest looking and coolest sounding exhaust I've seen for a Solstice yet. Judging from some of your shop's other projects, I can tell you guys are perfectionists and do top-notch work. That 911 system is a work of art!
2kwk4u you rode / ride? do you get out on the Ring with the bike?

Thanks for the kind words, I understand where your coming from. This look is new for the car market, it is not for everyone ( I hope for most tho) so far we have been getting good feedback, so time will tell.

I am trying to get a different looking muffler / tip set up in stainless steel for the car as well for those who dont want to add in the carbon fiber deal. Maybe if I can get a SS muffler design complete I can loose the bot on tip set up and have a more traditional look.

Keep a eye on out site and/ or here on this forum as soon as we get something it will be posted.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
With the current design, I see an opportunity for fabricators, even with moderate skills, to use the easy mounting system to customize. Even just a colour change can make a big difference. Hardware with a different head might accomplish a significant change. I look forward experimenting.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
2kwk4u you rode / ride? do you get out on the Ring with the bike?

Thanks for the kind words, I understand where your coming from. This look is new for the car market, it is not for everyone ( I hope for most tho) so far we have been getting good feedback, so time will tell.

I am trying to get a different looking muffler / tip set up in stainless steel for the car as well for those who dont want to add in the carbon fiber deal. Maybe if I can get a SS muffler design complete I can loose the bot on tip set up and have a more traditional look.

Keep a eye on out site and/ or here on this forum as soon as we get something it will be posted.

Thanks again.
I haven't owned a bike since '98. I had that last one the first time I lived in Monterey, CA. After I moved away from there, nothing compared to the roads I had to play on there, or the group of guys I rode with. Couple that with the fact that one of the guys I did ride with wound up getting himself put into a coma and ultimately killed from a bike crash a couple months after I left, and I got turned off of riding. I rode less and less to the point where I wasn't having much fun anymore even when I did ride.

By the time I got to Monterey for the second 10-month long tour, I had two daughters. I didn't want to take any chances, so I decided to "settle" for a roadster.

I'll still throw a leg over a bike from time to time when the opportunity presents itsself, but I don't think I'd have the balls to take one on the 'ring - not to mention the leathers, good boots, riding gloves, etc...

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I haven't owned a bike since '98. I had that last one the first time I lived in Monterey, CA. After I moved away from there, nothing compared to the roads I had to play on there, or the group of guys I rode with. Couple that with the fact that one of the guys I did ride with wound up getting himself put into a coma and ultimately killed from a bike crash a couple months after I left, and I got turned off of riding. I rode less and less to the point where I wasn't having much fun anymore even when I did ride.

By the time I got to Monterey for the second 10-month long tour, I had two daughters. I didn't want to take any chances, so I decided to "settle" for a roadster.

I'll still throw a leg over a bike from time to time when the opportunity presents itsself, but I don't think I'd have the balls to take one on the 'ring - not to mention the leathers, good boots, riding gloves, etc...
I can empathize with that. Family and friends definitely put a spin on riding. It's one thing if you can do it together, another if you're not enjoying it any more. I'd love to get the opportunity to get onto the ring but that seems like a world away...one day.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts