Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Im newly registrated, but Ive been following this site almost since the beginning. My question is I put my order for the Solstice in before the 1000 promotion, but was out of town to place in that promotion period which I understand the 1000 was full within a hour. So does that mean that I have to wait till when ever to have the Solstice come in as I would like to have her by late August or very early Oct. in order to be able to make ground effects before the SEMA show nov 1st in Las Vegas. I currently build a tilt front end for the Pontiac Fiero (remember that car ) thanks Norm
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,487 Posts
Wow ... you really need to call your dealer and find out what is going on. You should have registered with the Early Order Program and gotten your paperwork in by April 24. That way, you probably would have been one of his first allocation orders even if you missed out on the first 1000. But if your order isn't in yet, there's no guessing how long your wait may be. If you're lucky, your salesman went ahead and entered your information for you and got you on the waitlist, which means he may be able to still enter you as a high-priority order among those waitlisted at his dealership since you commited to the car early. If you're not even on the EOP waitlist, it's not at all likely that you will be receiving your car by your time frame. Between the first 1000 and the waitlisted cars, there are something like 7000 orders that will be fulfilled before they move on to those who aren't on the EOP list. So find out if your dealer got you on the waitlist! If so, you could still be in good shape. But you'd better hurry, because GM is already starting to pull orders and if you don't act fast, the production schedule will be filled and even being on the EOP waitlist won't help you.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,452 Posts
normsf said:
Hello Im newly registrated, but Ive been following this site almost since the beginning. My question is I put my order for the Solstice in before the 1000 promotion, but was out of town to place in that promotion period which I understand the 1000 was full within a hour. So does that mean that I have to wait till when ever to have the Solstice come in as I would like to have her by late August or very early Oct. in order to be able to make ground effects before the SEMA show nov 1st in Las Vegas. I currently build a tilt front end for the Pontiac Fiero (remember that car ) thanks Norm
If you got your order in before the Apprentice thing then you're good to go for about late Augest/early September. Just in time to have it ready for SEMA.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,210 Posts
You need to check with your dealer. If you had gotten a first 1000 you'd know it (all got calls from GM to verify). If you didn't you need to follow-up with dealer to get 'regular allocation' order in ASAP. Expectations are for fall delivery.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,512 Posts
SlySol said:
If you're not even on the EOP waitlist, it's not at all likely that you will be receiving your car by your time frame. Between the first 1000 and the waitlisted cars, there are something like 7000 orders that will be fulfilled before they move on to those who aren't on the EOP list. So find out if your dealer got you on the waitlist! If so, you could still be in good shape. But you'd better hurry, because GM is already starting to pull orders and if you don't act fast, the production schedule will be filled and even being on the EOP waitlist won't help you.
SlySol,

One correction to your information. I don't believe you had to opt for the waitlist to get an order in the First Four Months of Allocation. The waitlist is only for First 1,000 slots that may open up due to cancellation or disqualification.

If he didn't get into the EOP First 1,000, he can still be his dealer's #1 priority of regular allocation orders, so long as he had his order in before any other non-First 1,000 customers.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,901 Posts
SlipSlider said:
If you got your order in before the Apprentice thing then you're good to go for about late Augest/early September. Just in time to have it ready for SEMA.
Not necisarily. If his order is at a small dealership with like 1-2 cars in their 4 month allotment there's no knowing when in the 4 months that car will be fulfilled unfortunately.

Best thing to do normsf is call your dealer and find where you are on their 4 month allotment, and how many cars they have in their 4 month allotment.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow you guys are on the ball, too bad GM doesnt have your quick response time. thank you, Norm
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,487 Posts
dengel said:
If he didn't get into the EOP First 1,000, he can still be his dealer's #1 priority of regular allocation orders, so long as he had his order in before any other non-First 1,000 customers.
That's correct ... I didn't mean to imply anything differently. But he really needs to check to make sure his dealer actually has his order entered in VOMS by now. Because if his order isn't in the system yet for some reason, he will start losing his #1 priority as other orders are pulled into the production schedule. I don't think they can then change the priority and bump you ahead of other scheduled vehicles after the fact. At any rate, if he ordered before the dealer was actually taking orders, the salesman had to put it aside and then remember to take care of it once they opened the EOP. Assuming the salesman did everything he was supposed to, there shouldn't be any problems. But with some of the horror stories around here, I wouldn't just assume the dealer took care of everything they were supposed to. There are also reports of a couple dealers who were putting off actually entering their orders out of ignorance. Hopefully everything is fine ... but I'd check in with the dealer right now to make sure the order is set. Otherwise, he might still get a first four-month allocation car, but probably wouldn't make his October deadline.
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Top