Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just purchased a 2007. Auto... 76000 miles. My guitar player is on here too and has a coupe AND a GXP... Love this car... just changing a few things like the console is messed up. side cup holder is missing. bought seat protectors and a cover. eventually will take the front license plate holder off. Enjoying the Sirius radio for now... But I am getting a "cd error" when I try to install a cd.. (won't even let it go in).

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
5,951 Posts
Just purchased a 2007 coupe. ........
Hi Bill. Welcome to the family and the forum.

Is it rude to correct someone's first post? I hope not.

What you have (as Bama stated) is a roadster, or convertible. In the Solstice world a "Coupe" is what the rest of the world would probably call a GT. It has a rigid hatch-back upper body with a removable targa-style roof over the seats.

The cupholder is a universal problem, most of them are broken. There is a replacement made from aluminum that is called the Santana cupholder. It is not cheap but is definitely more durable than the stock one. You can search the forum for "Santana" and should be able to find it.

I can't help with the CD problem, but someone here probably can. Again, "Search" (Tools/Advanced Search) is a useful thing.

What is wrong with the console? A lot of them get broken in half from people leaning on them. They can be found used, and there is a vendor (DDMWorks) that sells one with cupholders made into it. The broken ones can also be repaired in some cases.

·
Premium Member
411 Posts
Welcome to the forum... let us know when the Solstice tour hits the road, but I hope your drummer doesn't have one too! :wink:

·
Registered
195 Posts
From the photo it looks like Bill's Solstice is running the original Goodyear RSA tires. I've never run them, but if they're the original tires they must be out of date. I've also heard several complain about their performance in the rain.

If those are the original RSA's, please use caution.

·
Super Moderator
5,951 Posts
From the photo it looks like Bill's Solstice is running the original Goodyear RSA tires. I've never run them, but if they're the original tires they must be out of date. I've also heard several complain about their performance in the rain.

Both good points. Old radials can fail catastrophically, and there is no visible sign to warn that there is a problem.

I actually enjoyed driving on the RS-As on dry pavement. Traction was at a reasonable level, but just low enough to be able to get a mild drift through corners at less-than-stupid speeds. They were not good on wet pavement, although they handled rain fairly well and I never had a problem with hydro-planing. I had the worst moments on surfaces that were little more than damp, where the traction loss could be sudden and complete.

·
Premium Member
10,295 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
345 Posts
welcome as already stated... as for the good years....did good year even make a oe tire that was worth a poop?I reckon on some performance cars that probably did, but I think not for Jane's cars. you may have a stuck cd or some change in the cd player or it just didnt like the muzic it was asked to play. I once got $1.83 worth of change out of a car unit.....kid musta thought it was a jukebox.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

yes, they are... And they are looking a little dry rotted... I got another 2-3 months before winter, which I won't drive it much.. Definitely getting new tires in the spring... Any suggestions?

·
Registered
195 Posts
yes, they are... And they are looking a little dry rotted... I got another 2-3 months before winter, which I won't drive it much.. Definitely getting new tires in the spring... Any suggestions?

Yes, I have a suggestion. Purchase a set of any name brand Ultra High Performance (UHP) All Season tires that fit your budget. There are several good ones out there and range in price from $100 to $200 each.

Others may have suggestions on specific tires. On the low end, there are the Riken Raptors UHP A/S tires that I'm fond of, on the high end there are Pirelli. Somewhere in the middle are Firestone and Continental.

I'd say pick a price range and ask for suggestions. But ultimately, the choice is yours. Everyone has their favorite flavor.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

I can highly recommend Discount Tires Yokohama HK 580’s. They really have worked very well on my Solstice. So much so I’ve put them on all of my other autos.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts