Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Pontiac Solstice GXP ZOK
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2007 GXP ZOK survivor GM built and supported SCCA T2 Race Car: I just completed NASA AZ region competition school and will campaigning the car next season with hope of making it to Nationals.
I'm stepping up to a full LS3 and Tremec T56 Magnum swap. I need bigger tires and looking to run 315/30R 18's to put the 512hp/476tq to the ground.

A post from this forum stated the following -

" DrJones is running a custom set of 18x11 CCW's with 315/30R18 Hoosiers F and R in ASP!!!! IIRC, they fit without having to modify anything."

Can some one help ?

·
Super Moderator
7,632 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

All may not be sunshine and roses, as here is another quote from Dr Jones:
Anybody know of a good body shop that can do fender flares? my rear tires have been beating the piss out of my rear fenders. either i learn how to do it, or i pay somebody. i'll post pics of the fender beat down later along with the event results.

·
Registered
300 Posts
2007 GXP ZOK survivor GM built and supported SCCA T2 Race Car: I just completed NASA AZ region competition school and will campaigning the car next season with hope of making it to Nationals.
I'm stepping up to a full LS3 and Tremec T56 Magnum swap. I need bigger tires and looking to run 315/30R 18's to put the 512hp/476tq to the ground.

A post from this forum stated the following -

" DrJones is running a custom set of 18x11 CCW's with 315/30R18 Hoosiers F and R in ASP!!!! IIRC, they fit without having to modify anything."

Can some one help ?
Yes, the fitment I have used for the past 12 years or so is 18x11 wide wheels with an 8" backspacing (not offset!).
On the rear you will have to use a 1" spacer and extended studs (giving an equivalent of a 7" backspacing)
Don't forget to grind the flat in the stud flange before pressing them in (like the OE studs have).

·
Registered
2007 Pontiac Solstice GXP ZOK
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dr. Jones, thank you for the information, I already have the extended studs. I have been running the BF Goodrich, G FORCE R1S in 275/35 R18. Something you might be interested in is I own the engineering development and cad design for spherical control arm bearings and mono-ball shock top mounts for Solstice/Sky vehicles. The shocks I have the mono-ball top mounts on are Pendle 3 stage.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts