Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI everyone, I need some input here. The dealer I've currently got my deposit down with is giving me a lot of run around.

First, the salesman who walked out to greet us, (and get first dibs on our business) turns out to be the biggest jerk I've ever met. He had heard of a Solstice and had saw pictures of them in the showroom, but that was about all he knew about it.

I told him what it was, and what the pricing was, and all that. He gladly took our deposit, but three days later, when I stopped by, he hadn't turned out paperwork in yet. I took him by the arm, and we walked the paperwork over to the new car manager.

Now, two weeks later, the new car manager still has the order on his desk. He says it is ordered, but is this normal? They say they can't give me a vin number, or confirmation of order received by GM until the week of the actual build.

I hate to switch dealers again, ( I"ve quit two already for about the same reasons), and I'm running out of options.

Has anyone else had this run around from dealers? Does anyone have a GM contact name ( forum moderator, or somebody) I can contact.

I want my Solstice, and I want it NOW ! !

Thanks
Jack:willy: :cuss:

·
Registered
96 Posts
Jack_46234,
It sounds like you're salesman may be a little slow, but the dealership sounds like they're telling you the truth. As I understand it, a VIN# is not issued to your car until it's built, so you won't actually receive it until the build date. I know that's been the experience of most folks here on the forum. Also, most dealers have a specific day of the week that they can place their orders with GM. So, if they appear to be sitting on the paperwork, that may be why.

Small Dealer or Cadillac Cricket may be able to provide more "official" info on the process.

What I'd recommend doing IMMEDIATELY is getting all the details in writing. Especially if you've given the dealership a deposit. When I put the deposit down on my Sol, my salesman typed up a one page agreement that stated when the car would be ordered and we attached a printout of all the features, color, and add-ons that the car should have. We also initialed each item. Now, if the Sol comes in and something isn't right, then we'll both be on the same page and we can take care of it. We also recorded the EXACT total cost (tax, delivery charge, etc) and made it part of the signed agreement. You don't want to show up to get your Sol and find out that there's some bogus $3000 dollar charge to get it! (I've read this type of thing has actually occurred). :brentil:

Finally, keep up with the process. I email my salesman weekly and he emails me back with a printout of the VOMS system that they use to track the status of the Sol. This will show you every part of the cars building process with dates. You can then call the dealer if the car appears to be "stuck" at a certain process for an unusual amount of time (you can search the forum for threads that discuss exactly this subject). These printouts will also allow you to better measure when you might actually get the car.

You may also want to search the forum for threads discussing specific requests you can make to the dealer about the prep of the Sol, of how you'd prefer to take delivery, etc.

Most of all, be prepared to wait. Unless you're lucky and find one that someone else has backed out on, you'll probably wait a few months to get it. But as you'll find if you browse the threads of those lucky ones that have received theirs already, it's well worth the wait. :yesnod:

Good luck!

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
VIN # won't come until built time much later in the game. Just make sure he enters the order in the system that's about all you can do. It will take a long time to get picked up depending on how many people they have ahead of you.

Make sure you get something that specifies MSRP so they don't screw you when ever the car comes in.

Takes about 6 months in total so sit tight it's a long wait.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Jack_46234 said:
HI everyone, I need some input here. The dealer I've currently got my deposit down with is giving me a lot of run around.

First, the salesman who walked out to greet us, (and get first dibs on our business) turns out to be the biggest jerk I've ever met. He had heard of a Solstice and had saw pictures of them in the showroom, but that was about all he knew about it.

I told him what it was, and what the pricing was, and all that. He gladly took our deposit, but three days later, when I stopped by, he hadn't turned out paperwork in yet. I took him by the arm, and we walked the paperwork over to the new car manager.

Now, two weeks later, the new car manager still has the order on his desk. He says it is ordered, but is this normal? They say they can't give me a vin number, or confirmation of order received by GM until the week of the actual build.

I hate to switch dealers again, ( I"ve quit two already for about the same reasons), and I'm running out of options.

Has anyone else had this run around from dealers? Does anyone have a GM contact name ( forum moderator, or somebody) I can contact.

I want my Solstice, and I want it NOW ! !

Thanks
Jack:willy: :cuss:

Jack, let me summarize "you just ordered it and want it NOW?" Very realistic attitude. You don't even need a dealer, find a magician.

·
Registered
98 Posts
A magician! Never thought of that...... /em heads off to the local magic shop :leaving:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry, that was supposed to be a joke! It was supposed to have been inturpreted as
"MAN, I LOVE THIS CAR ! ! I CAN'T WAIT TILL IT GETS HERE.
Even though they have told me it will probably be spring before it gets here, I"m still excited about it.

Jack

·
Registered
8,664 Posts
jwally said:
Jack, let me summarize "you just ordered it and want it NOW?" Very realistic attitude. You don't even need a dealer, find a magician.
At least he waited two weeks to rant! (Yes, I know it was a joke, Jack, and a funny one at that, I got it the first time around! :) )

While two weeks is a short time to wait, there is a WELL-KNOWN personality around here who was ranting after EIGHTEEN HOURS of waiting! :)

This guy, I think he wrestles steers, rides the broncs, or something like that. Maybe he's a clown, boy those guys earn high marks for what they do at those rodeos. Fearless men!

Of course, he was only joking too!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts