Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need your help to tell me how I should handle this situation!

Back in April I signed a purchase agreement to buy my solstice at sticker price. I ordered about every option including On-Star since we assumed it was available at the time.

I went in today for delivery of the car and the dealer is trying to make me pay the price of the car that "I agreed to" which includes On-Star. The vehicle does not have it. The purchase agreement has all the options and their price listed. They refuse to take the cost of the On-Star off.

They are giving me 3 options. (1) Pay the price of $695 OVER sticker for the On-Star that is not included in the car. (2) The will refund my deposit since they told me that they supposedly had someone offer $8000 over sticker for that car this weekend. Or (3) they will re-order my car with on star for future delivery. However I talked with the fleet manager and he tome me that if I do that, I will not get the car till the 2007 model year as they sold everything thru then.

That is on top of pulling a bait and switch with the financing! I was there a few weeks ago and the finance person told me they would give me the financing thru a local credit union I would qualify for at their cost of 4.5%. Today they told me that the rate would be 6.9%!!!

I can finance my car thru my credit union for 5.25% for up to 60 months. I think I will be doing that.

What should I do about them trying to charge the $695 above sticker? Since I was asking about the Tonneau cover, they offered to sell it to me installed for $900 and mud flaps for $400!!!!

They tied to pressure me into closing the transaction today because they have the car in the showroom and are showing it off and using it as a centerpiece for the sale they have going on this weekend.

They keep telling me that the car is worth far more than I am paying for it and that they are just trying to make up for their loss!

What dishonest a$$holes! Breaking their word! I am almost getting ready to go and picket outside their dealer tomorrow with a big sign saying "ASK ME HOW BUICK PONTIAC GMC OF MILFORD IS TRYING TO SCREW ME!" Unfortunately most of the local TV stations in CT don't have consumer reporters on their staff any more.

HELP!!! I don't want to loose this car, but I feel I am REALLY being taken advantage of! I had a feeling this dealer was going to be a bit shady!
:brentil: :mad: :cryin:

·
Registered
340 Posts
The dealer wants you to cancel your order so that they can gouge someone else. If it was me I would reluctantly pay the cost to get the car. You have waited long enough and to find another for sale there will surely be a long wait, a markup or both. However, I would make the dealer fully aware of your displeasure and your mission to never set foot in their dealership again and to tell everyone who will listen about your experience. Then ask them if $695.00 is worth more to them than their reputation. :yesnod:

Yes, you should finance this through your credit union also!!

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Ideas........

Search for the thread with the direct number to Pontiac Customer Service. They have helped others with the same type of situation. Try contacting the owner of the dealership. Many times, they don't know about the SKANK salespeople working for them. Another tactic that might work is sharing your story with another local GM dealership. They can get you in contact with some type of district manager for GM. Contact the State Consumer Affairs Dept. I'm just throwing out a few ideas. By all means, stick to your guns, MAKE THEM HONOR THE WRITTEN OR VERBAL AGREEMENT. :yesnod:

·
Registered
340 Posts
ntouched said:
Search for the thread with the direct number to Pontiac Customer Service. They have helped others with the same type of situation. Try contacting the owner of the dealership. Many times, they don't know about the SKANK salespeople working for them. Another tactic that might work is sharing your story with another local GM dealership. They can get you in contact with some type of district manager for GM. Contact the State Consumer Affairs Dept. I'm just throwing out a few ideas. By all means, stick to your guns, MAKE THEM HONOR THE WRITTEN OR VERBAL AGREEMENT. :yesnod:
Excellent ideas. Try them all. DO NOT GIVE UP THIS CAR THOUGH!! Look at my previous post as a last resort. I am certainly not advocating giving in to these scumbums. These dealers make me sick. :grouphug:

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ntouched said:
I AM dealing with the owner indirectly! I never even met my sales person till a few months ago - I only talked to him on the phone. I placed the order directly with the owner since they were just awarded the Pontiac dealership from another dealer to combine it with their Buic GMC dealership. I was one of their first Pontiac transactions!

Before I went into the finance guy's office I even had photos with my salesperson, the owner, the owner's family, and almost the entire dealership of them handing me the key of their first solstice delivery, etc. Sopposedly the owner left while I was talking with the general manager they recently hired. They offered to throw in the color matched painted mud flaps for the cost of the On-Star.

It wasn't even a verbal agreement, it was a written agreement! The cost of the cat itemized was $24615 + CT Tax of 6% which includes On-Star. That is what they are tryingto sell the car to me for but refuse to subtract the cost of the ON-Star which is itemized.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Contact a Consumer Advocate Group.........

If you have this in writing, you definitely have to make them honor the deal. Try contacting a local consumer advocates group in your state. Search on Google or Yahoo.

·
Registered
340 Posts
You will need those mudflaps on your car to get it off their lot. Apparantly you and your car are wading through some knee deep mud-like substance. :cuss:

Written sales order. Give em f-ing hell. I seem to recall the Pontiac Customer Service folks helping a forum member successfully deal with a shady dealer a few months back.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
sonoransolstice said:
You will need those mudflaps on your car to get it off their lot. Apparantly you and your car are wading through some knee deep mud-like substance. :cuss:

Written sales order. Give em f-ing hell. I seem to recall the Pontiac Customer Service folks helping a forum member successfully deal with a shady dealer a few months back.
I called the Pontiac holtlone, they told me that they can not do a thing! I was talking to the Pontiac customer hotline in the dealer's parking lot while waiting for my ride to pick me up. Supposedly they can not get involved since the franchise legally owns the car. "All negotiating needs to be done with them."

Does anyone have a number for the Solstice hotline?

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Pay now, Small Claims Court later........

SOL_in_CT said:
http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=11/31500025779.jpg&s=x11

This is what I have. DO I have a case legally? They are threatening to sell it to someone else.
Quick route would be to pay for the car as is! File in small claims court for the $695 next week (OnStar issue). Every Judge in this country will favor with you for the refund! Your court fees will also be refunded! :yesnod:

·
Registered
481 Posts
idea

you have a legal contract. plus a lawyer would be very interested in something like this so would onstar. as you did order it that means money out of their pocket. action editor works nicely so does better business beaureu (sp). it sounds like it is part of the allotment for the dealer and not your car plus local news would be interested as you have documentation or proof of their shady tactics. hum how fast do you think their sales would drop off if it hit the local news? wish you the best of luck.

SOL_in_CT said:
http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=11/31500025779.jpg&s=x11

This is what I have. DO I have a case legally? They are threatening to sell it to someone else.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
SOL_in_CT said:
I AM dealing with the owner indirectly! I never even met my sales person till a few months ago - I only talked to him on the phone. I placed the order directly with the owner since they were just awarded the Pontiac dealership from another dealer to combine it with their Buic GMC dealership. I was one of their first Pontiac transactions!

Before I went into the finance guy's office I even had photos with my salesperson, the owner, the owner's family, and almost the entire dealership of them handing me the key of their first solstice delivery, etc. Sopposedly the owner left while I was talking with the general manager they recently hired. They offered to throw in the color matched painted mud flaps for the cost of the On-Star.

It wasn't even a verbal agreement, it was a written agreement! The cost of the cat itemized was $24615 + CT Tax of 6% which includes On-Star. That is what they are tryingto sell the car to me for but refuse to subtract the cost of the ON-Star which is itemized.
Sol in Ct, this is terrible. But I would pay for the car and then go to the BBB, then go to your local TV station, most have a "I'm on your side" segment where they will try to help you. The tonneau should only cost 399.00 + tax installed and splash guards 220.00 + tax installed.( This should be max price) Make sure you talk splash guards not mud flaps there is a difference I'm told, mud flaps cost $15.00 and splash guards cost $60.00.

You can pay for the car and take them to small claims court, no need to pay a lawyer. I would think they would have to take the price of the onstar off looking at the info you showed us.

But don't let them get the car and sell it for $8,000.00 over sticker.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I would call all the local dealers within a driving range that you would be willing to drive and pick up another SOL. from,as long as they can get what you want. I am finding that there are several dealers that are getting cars, but it may not be exactly what you want. I would do that first,if you find another dealer get it handle with them and go tell the current dealer to go pound salt and get your deposit back. That is a bunch of B***S***!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
SOL_in_CT said:
I need your help to tell me how I should handle this situation!

Back in April I signed a purchase agreement to buy my solstice at sticker price. I ordered about every option including On-Star since we assumed it was available at the time.

I went in today for delivery of the car and the dealer is trying to make me pay the price of the car that "I agreed to" which includes On-Star. The vehicle does not have it. The purchase agreement has all the options and their price listed. They refuse to take the cost of the On-Star off.

They are giving me 3 options. (1) Pay the price of $695 OVER sticker for the On-Star that is not included in the car. (2) The will refund my deposit since they told me that they supposedly had someone offer $8000 over sticker for that car this weekend. Or (3) they will re-order my car with on star for future delivery. However I talked with the fleet manager and he tome me that if I do that, I will not get the car till the 2007 model year as they sold everything thru then.

That is on top of pulling a bait and switch with the financing! I was there a few weeks ago and the finance person told me they would give me the financing thru a local credit union I would qualify for at their cost of 4.5%. Today they told me that the rate would be 6.9%!!!

I can finance my car thru my credit union for 5.25% for up to 60 months. I think I will be doing that.

What should I do about them trying to charge the $695 above sticker? Since I was asking about the Tonneau cover, they offered to sell it to me installed for $900 and mud flaps for $400!!!!

They tied to pressure me into closing the transaction today because they have the car in the showroom and are showing it off and using it as a centerpiece for the sale they have going on this weekend.

They keep telling me that the car is worth far more than I am paying for it and that they are just trying to make up for their loss!

What dishonest a$$holes! Breaking their word! I am almost getting ready to go and picket outside their dealer tomorrow with a big sign saying "ASK ME HOW BUICK PONTIAC GMC OF MILFORD IS TRYING TO SCREW ME!" Unfortunately most of the local TV stations in CT don't have consumer reporters on their staff any more.

HELP!!! I don't want to loose this car, but I feel I am REALLY being taken advantage of! I had a feeling this dealer was going to be a bit shady!
:brentil: :mad: :cryin:

You should do several things.

1. I would reccomend buying the car. Mainly because after you buy the car you have the power. If you do not buy the car and they sell it to someone else then you really have no power.

2. You signed a contract stating that the agreed price was including an option that was not included. That means you are in the right.

3. When the vehicle is purchased you should recieve a customer satisfaction survey from GM. This is very important to dealerships. Now they can be tricky and not report your car with your address. But that would all depend on how sly this dealership is.

4. Report them to the BBB.

5. Report them to your Attorney General.

6. Contact a lawyer and get their opinion. This should be free. Your state may have something in its laws or bi-laws that could protect/hinder you.

7. Tell everyone you know. There is nothing more powerful in retail and sales than word of mouth. I personally would make a sign and put it on my flashy new car saying "Don't get screwed by BUICK PONTIAC GMC OF MILFORD". I would make the sign and place it on the car before you leave the dealership.

You do all of this and I GUARANTEE that the dealership will have a check in your hands to make up the difference. Unfortunately it will still be a bad experience for you. So what I would suggest is focusing on the positives of your experience.

1. You have a beautiful vehicle

2. errr... see #1

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
SOL_in_CT said
(2) The will refund my deposit since they told me that they supposedly had someone offer $8000 over sticker for that car this weekend.

If this were true. Then they would not sell the car to you. That is a complete lie

·
Registered
340 Posts
buckeyewilky said:
I would call all the local dealers within a driving range that you would be willing to drive and pick up another SOL. from,as long as they can get what you want. I am finding that there are several dealers that are getting cars, but it may not be exactly what you want. I would do that first,if you find another dealer get it handle with them and go tell the current dealer to go pound salt and get your deposit back. That is a bunch of B***S***!!!!!!!
No. The dealer wants you to back out. Don't give in. Get the car, then make their life a living hell.

·
Registered
340 Posts
dealernut said:
SOL_in_CT said
(2) The will refund my deposit since they told me that they supposedly had someone offer $8000 over sticker for that car this weekend.

If this were true. Then they would not sell the car to you. That is a complete lie
:agree:

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
OMG some of these dealers are such jerks :cuss:

The whole dealer process is flawed :cuss:

I'd pay their extortion fee and then slame them every way possible. Get your financing somewhere else so they don't get a piece of that. Buy no extra options from them and take your service elsewhere. In the end they'll be the loser for $700.

OMG they are NOT taking a loss, how funny is that :lol: They are selling a car for the contract that THEY signed back in April when they were too stupid to care. Tough crap on them.

I'd still buy it just so they don't get their grubby hands on the car.

·
Registered
340 Posts
dealernut said:
You do all of this and I GUARANTEE that the dealership will have a check in your hands to make up the difference. Unfortunately it will still be a bad experience for you. So what I would suggest is focusing on the positives of your experience.
:agree: They want to play games, but you can win at their game. When the dealer sees that you will not back down and will not let it rest they should make good on your contract.

Oh by the way, go get that car TODAY and start enjoying. Get YOUR car the hell off their centerpiece showroom floor for their event this weekend. And of course: :party: :party: :party:

1 - 20 of 65 Posts