Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To this day, I am still regretting ordering my Coupe without A/C. I am in the of installing OEM parts to correct this. I need a little help. I need some pictures of the locations of several components. I've tried to find a Solstice locally, but have not had luck.

I need pictures showing the general location of the following (and how they are mounted):

1. Condenser
2. Compressor
3. Lines - High & Low pressure
4. The filter thing - Canister (I can't hink of the name of it right now)
5. Expansion Valve

I'm trying to get a general idea of placement and routing.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
A good used plenum chamber with the evaporator core, heater core, ducts and doors with motors and control head would make the interior part of the install a lot easier. Accumulator tank is #4?

·
Super Moderator
16,393 Posts
There is a thread on this subject from about 2007 or 2008. Do a search on AC install and it will come up.

The post began with optimism about installing air on a non AC car, turned to disparity as the difficulty of doing the work was learned and after Werks or months they finally had it done by a local mechanic.

The problem as I remember was more than the AC bits, the basic wiring of the car is different and had to be modified. Basically they ended up disassembling the firewall, the cooling system, the dash area and doimg extensive mods.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts