Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a 08 GXP in October and I got it for a steal with an extended warranty despite the high amount of miles on it. However the previous owner left the headlights get somewhat cloudy and I've tried some stuff at Autozone to make it look new but I think it just made it look worse. I came to conclusion that I need to get replacement headlight assemblies but I can't find anything online and I have yet to call a GM service department. Every once in awhile one will pop up on ebay but not nearly as often as I would think. Can anyone here point me in the right direction to get my dream car looking good?

Emerson

AASLT

·
Registered
7,183 Posts
Get the 3M headlight restore kit and follow the instructions. You'll be amazed how good you'll get the lenses.

These are used headlamps that I got for my HID conversion. They were pretty green and frosty, but look at them now:

·
Super Moderator
16,400 Posts
How often do you have to do that?
Depends

If you just polish the factory units, then they tend to become frosted more quickly. Months to years.

Mine were cleared after polishing so its basically clear coat paint that is maintainable like the rest of the car.

·
Registered
7,183 Posts

·
Registered
7,183 Posts
Depends

If you just polish the factory units, then they tend to become frosted more quickly. Months to years.

Mine were cleared after polishing so its basically clear coat paint that is maintainable like the rest of the car.
Completely agree... more like months to start deteriorating again. You need to coat them afterward.

·
Registered
7,226 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts