Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

Help GXP turbo on 2.4l?

7K views 18 replies 14 participants last post by  kgschlosser 
#1 ·
Hi everyone I just received my car this year and its 2.4 litre engine and I am looking to turbo the engine, can i install GXP turbo on my engine and will it fit with the manifold and cat? al other piping i will fab them just i want to buy good turbo with similar cost thanks in advance. i am new to this car and need more power i am driveng 6.2l engine and this 2.4 make like a turtle.

#4 ·
You're going to need an intercooler, a new air box or cold-air intake, new fuel injectors, exhaust manifold that fits and can support the turbo, lines for oil and water, a new tune, brackets, bolts and what not, a wastegate, a blow-off valve (potentially integrated into the stock K04) and a lot of other stuff.

It's a relatively simple install with a kit, but cobbling it together will require significant effort if you haven't done this before.

There is a lot more to this than just slapping on a turbo.

On a related note, I've seen quite a few race cars in recent years with turbos way back on the exhaust line. I'm not sure what that does to turbo lag, but it's an interesting approach.

Reactions: easyryderca
#7 ·
Given the modest prices on these cars today, you might be far ahead if you just sold your car and bought a GXP with everything already there and sorted by GM. And a stronger engine designed for turbo use that gets better mileage (when you are cruising). There are some super deals out there for GXP cars!

#8 ·
if i can i will but unfortunately this car is the only two piece available in my country because it was for US navy employee and he sold it here so my country rolls you can't bring any car from any country that olser than 5 years i buoght it around 5k US dollar and i found some kits around 3k $ to 4k $ and this equals to other used solstice [emoji16] i need some thing to build for max like 2k $ as this price i can get full used car with LS1 or LS2 engine with full things just remove part and install them in the solstice with some modifcation

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

#9 ·
Had no idea you were in another country - where do you live?

Keep an eye out for a DDM supercharger kit for the 2.4 - I've seen people remove them when they sell their cars and sell the blower separately (new cost exceeds your limit).

#10 ·
Does the GXP have forged internals to stand up to the power of a turbo? Does the 2.4L? If the 2.4 does not then thats yet another reason to just get a GXP. Of course, I understand that you're unable to get a GXP, the interals are just another place that may need to be visited.

#19 ·
Gas mileage is subjective. If you don't spool the turbo it will be the same as what it is now If you drive it like you stole it 12 maybe 10 mpg or possibly lower.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.