Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my car may be delivered next Friday the 21st. What if the build up and my waiting has me expecting more than I get. what if I do not like it with all the stories I have been reading on the forum. Maybe once I get my new baby it will not be so bad. This is my first Brand new car and i do want it to be perfect. I just hate shopping out a flyer/picture site unseen.The tension is building up I can't wait but what if. How does everyone else feel out there? :confused: :confused: :willy: :willy:

·
Registered
242 Posts
Our car came in and it's perfect! When CDB gets home from work I look for places to go, it was supposed to be his car, but it's more beautiful and fun to drive than I imagined. I have a hot car, but I love the Solstice! If you read a lot of buyers comments about their cars most think the car exceeds their expectations. Don't worry, have fun. Good luck with your new baby.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Very true. Take a look on Ebay and it should calm you down. People are absolutely enamored with the vehicle and will do almost anything to get one. If you do not like the car, PM me. I am honestly looking for one for personal use. My dealership has too high of a demand for one for me to order one for myself right now.

I will say this. I had a huge expectation of the vehicle before it came into our dealership and it far exceeded those expectations. I have never seen a car so elegant for so little cost.

I really truely believe that your opinion of the car will be exceeded once you see/drive it.

But if you are still unhappy, then let me know. I seriously might take it off of your hands.

·
Registered
976 Posts
I would be interested as well, but only to sell it to one of our loyal forum members, for MSRP or less. You would be better off making a big profit off of ebay, but how well could you sleep at night?

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
redhot said:
my car may be delivered next Friday the 21st. What if the build up and my waiting has me expecting more than I get. what if I do not like it with all the stories I have been reading on the forum. Maybe once I get my new baby it will not be so bad. This is my first Brand new car and i do want it to be perfect. I just hate shopping out a flyer/picture site unseen.The tension is building up I can't wait but what if. How does everyone else feel out there? :confused: :confused: :willy: :willy:
Now this is a stupid post, What if you don't like the Car, OH MY! What are you 5 years old? Sell the darn thing. I think it's getting to the point people are just starting to post nonsense.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Don't worry, The mob around you and the car will make you feel like a Celebrity. If you don't want the car, there will be a line ready to take it off your hands. But, I promise it will be love at first site. Don't worry! Mitch :cool:

·
Registered
676 Posts
Relax redhot! When we first ordered ours I really wasn't that "into it" because I had not seen it or driven it. I was just going to wait patiently for whenever it came in---sometime this fall. I was having a hard time dealing with the thought of selling my beloved Sebring convertible---the 2nd Sebring I had---I loved that car so much. BUT---we went to Detroit and we saw and we sat and we drove and we touched and OMG---I couldn't wait to get rid of Ruby and the wait then was driving me crazy. That was the longest 2 months. It was worth the wait and it is such a beautiful and fun car. My husband had a corvette a few years ago and he had a hard time getting rid of that---but now we have our Bella and he is a very happy camper. So calm down. It will all be good!

·
5,600 Posts
Lower your expectations and then go out and enjoy the car!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks Everyone. Well you might have guessed I am a women and we have the right to second guess things.
I have owned
1975 Z-28 Camero
1979 Firebird (beat my friends GTO in this baby and is still the talk)
1979 YJ Jeep
1988 YJ Jeep
A chevy van when the kids were little
Present- 1994 Chev Blazer Deisel
NEXT 2006 Pontiac Solstice Aggressive with most options

so as life goes the fun cars-the family mobiles and now back to the fun cars :lol:

·
Registered
8,667 Posts
OK, now we can get down to business, redhot.

Camaro & Firebird: Obviously you like raw power, so you will be disappointed there. But it is adequate for most purposes, I'm sure.

Van & Blazer: You also like lots of room, so you will be disappointed there too. The van and blazer can carry a little bit more than the Solstice. :)

Jeep & Jeep: You like fun cars, so now you are about to enter heaven. This car will make you the toast of the town, just like the Firebird did. You will go around curves and corners like a slot car, with no feeling of imminent doom.

Overall, I'd say you should be quite happy. Hope you buy!

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
Trust me it will beat the bajesus out of

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
I picked up my car last Friday night. It's been cloudy and rainy ever since. Yesterday was the first nice day to drive the car. It is sooooooo cooooooool to drive. I am very happy with my car. I must admit, the excitement peaked about two months ago, but let me tell you, it is a FUN car to drive! I have three coats of Zaino on it and it looks sweet! ONE SMFR!!!!

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
redhot said:
I have driven the Sol, and it is GOOD! So don't fret. If you liked it in pictures, you will be blown away when you see it in person. Pictures absolutely do not do this car justice. One comment I heard at the dealer was "Wow, that car looks too good to even drive!"

AS far as the driving experience, it really depends on your expectations. This car is not as fast as a Mustang, obviously, but it is a well balanced drivers car. The ride over rough roads is good (for a sports car) and yet the car sticks well in the turns. There is good communication through the steering wheel. You can really tell what the tires are up to, and the steering feels responsive. The engine note is aggressive and very good in my opinion.

Really, unless you go in with unrealistic expectations, I cannot imagine you will be disappointed!

Just stay patient, and enjoy when you get it! It is one very nice car!

·
Registered
135 Posts
redhot said:
One look at your new baby and you're hooked!! The car will exceed your expectations.

·
Registered
8,667 Posts
todd_raleigh: CONGRATuLATions!!!!

This is the first I've heard of your delivery. Sorry if I missed it elsewhere.

My mother was born in North Carolina. She was ten years old before she found out that damn Yankee was TWO words!

No offense to our Northern friends, just humor. Heck, the Solstice is PRODUCED in a Yankee state! But no mercy for NY Yankees! (as in baseball, that is).

·
Registered
8,667 Posts
Fformula88 said: "I have driven the Sol, and it is GOOD!"

In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth....
And God said, Let there be light; and there was light.
And God saw the light, that it was good....

:agree: (especially with Fformula88).

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
redhot said:
Thanks Everyone. Well you might have guessed I am a women and we have the right to second guess things.
I have owned
1975 Z-28 Camero
1979 Firebird (beat my friends GTO in this baby and is still the talk)
1979 YJ Jeep
1988 YJ Jeep
Present- 1994 Chev Blazer Deisel
NEXT 2006 Pontiac Solstice Aggressive with most options

so as life goes the fun cars-the family mobiles and now back to the fun cars :lol:
How'd I miss your reply? :willy:

Nice taste in cars. The Sol will handle far better than those old F-bodies, ride far better than the Jeeps, and be a million times more fun than a Blazer.

I have driven a bored and stroked 79 Trans Am, and wow, are those thing a BLAST! Turning tires into smoke sure is fun! :lol:

That isn't the Sol, but it is fun in another way. The way it communcates the road surface, how easy it is to place it with steering, how much grip it has in turns. Even without the brute power, I think you will find it an extremely enjoyable drive.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Fformula88 said:
.... The way it communcates the road surface, how easy it is to place it with steering, how much grip it has in turns. Even without the brute power, I think you will find it an extremely enjoyable drive.

You sure your not a salesman?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.