Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, two weeks ago my dealer called and told me that my car had been boadcast for production (July 28th) :) . So, every couple days since then I have been checking with my dealer hoping to see a new event code showing that it was produced and that it was possibly in transit. However, much to my surprise, my dealer informed me that I WENT BACKWARDS!!! The order first went back from Broadcast (3400) to "available for sequence" (3100) on Aug. 13th and then on the same day it went from 3100 to "Accepted by Production control" (3000). This is getting very frustrating :brentil: . Not only does GM give us a poor system to check the status of our cars, but that poor system doesn't even seem to mean much. Sorry if I sound annoyed, but I was really hoping for this car before Sept. and I was thinking it would happen when I got the first Broadcast event code in July, but that does not seem very likely now and the summer weather in Washington state is quickly disappearing.

Does anyone have any info on why this might have happened or what it means, if anything??? Maybe some of the dealers know something???

Thanks,
red61985
WA State
Sly 1st 1000
no Vin # Yet

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Other people have had this happen. There are some threads dedicated to it in the general area I believe.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Scheduling went from "all colors at once" to color batches.... Black, Blue, and Green

Mine is also a "Sly". I had a 3400 broadcast code that gave a Target Production Week of 2005-07-25 back as early as 2005-05-28. It was moved back to 3000 on 2005-07-22.

They went from planning to build all colors at once to building in color batches. Sly is in the second group. Black, Blue, and Green were in the first group.

Hang in there, we'll get ours. Just be glad your dealer is smart enough to be able to navigate the VOM system to see your status codes! Mine lost the only fellow who knew how to run the VOM system to save his life, and now, I cannot get that level of information out of them...

The Solstice will arrive when it's supposed to. I hope it does not arrive sooner, that would mean something might be wrong with it. ;)

Zen patience is required at this point. :cool:

·
Registered
210 Posts
red61985 said:
However, much to my surprise, my dealer informed me that I WENT BACKWARDS!!! The order first went back from Broadcast (3400) to "available for sequence" (3100) on Aug. 13th and then on the same day it went from 3100 to "Accepted by Production control" (3000). This is getting very frustrating :brentil: .
Does anyone have any info on why this might have happened or what it means, if anything??? Maybe some of the dealers know something???

Thanks,
red61985
WA State
Sly 1st 1000
no Vin # Yet
Mine did the same thing - last week I was told it was at 3300, now it is at 3000 and the other 2 cars at my dealer are at 3400 and they are cool & aggressive - so how did they pass up the sly car -I guess mine is not very sly :lol: and the cool one slipped by while the agressive one beat me up and then both went ahead of me!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts