Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I called the solstice hotline today and explained my car was built 10/20 and was still at 3800 (produced) and would like to know if it was on quality hold. I explained that the dealer recieved vehicle #1 produced 10/2 and vehicle #3 built after mine last Thursday and that mine was Vin#3561 and #2. She said she would like to put me on hold and make a phone. After waiting about 10 minutes on hold she came back on the line and said I have good news-your car is in transit to the dealership and should arrive soon. Well I got in me car all happy and headed for the dealer to tell him the news. When I got there he said he ran my vehicle history report today and it was still at 3800. He ran it again while I was sitting there and it came up 3800 again. He checked a tab on his computor which shows vehicles in transit to his dealership and mine showed as in transit to him. He furthered explained that he was confused because it should show on the vehicle history report it was not shipped and he should have a invoice for the vehicle. He told me to wait until tommorrow to call the hotline again because he wanted to check my status again tommorrow before I called them. Has this happened to anyone else or what could possibly be going on? HELP I'm confused to the status of my solstice!

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Its very possible that the systems are not 100% accurate because of many reasons (quality holds being one).

Sounds like you could be on your way soon.

·
Registered
76 Posts
sly-sol said:
When I got there he said he ran my vehicle history report today and it was still at 3800. He ran it again while I was sitting there and it came up 3800 again.
Mine has been shown in transit on VMS since Nov. 2nd, but the event code is still at 3800. The dealer was invoiced for the car back on October 19th. I have verified with Pontiac Support that the vehicle is in transit and the event codes in VMS have not been updated.

I also remember reading in another post that there are issues with the VMS system (over the last couple of weeks) and the event codes are not necessarely current (I don't remember who posted or how accurate).

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
mceb said:
Its very possible that the systems are not 100% accurate because of many reasons (quality holds being one).

Sounds like you could be on your way soon.

The vom reports are not accurate. Have your dealer call the DBC (Dealer Business Center) he might be able to get better info from them. Tell him to put a Hot Ticket on it also, he should know what that means.

Customer service told me my car was leaving that day for a train to Lordstown then it would be trucked from there. I told them there info was wrong that it is going by truck only to Ct., six hour drive. They try in customer service but are in the dark when it comes to the Solstice.

Then see info "Train and trucking info" and you or your dealer can give them the vin number and they can give you better info.( Sopm,e trucking company's will only talk to dealer, but you can try calling.

They told me mine was shipped 9/19 but really got shipped and delivered 10/7.

Good Luck

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
how can it show in transit on the vms and still show 3800 as current status on it. I looked at mine and it just shows last status as of 10/20 3800 produced

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
my car went from 3800 on 11-02 to 4B00 on 11-05
and that was it

But it showed up "delivered" on 11-14 and I got it for my birthday yesterday...
deluke is right......VOMS is not always correct

go with her instructions

·
Registered
201 Posts
I'm having a lot of trouble finding the "train and trucking info" thread. The search tool turns up nada. Anybody have it bookmarked?

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
ralph_on_me said:
I'm having a lot of trouble finding the "train and trucking info" thread. The search tool turns up nada. Anybody have it bookmarked?
Your from TX, Jack cooper is trucking Texas. (Gizmo is from Texas) Do what he said and you should get info.

·
Registered
96 Posts
deluke said:
Your from TX, Jack cooper is trucking Texas. (Gizmo is from Texas) Do what he said and you should get info.
Deluke,
Any idea who's trucking to AL? Is it going by train first or are we too close? Mine is hopefully in transit and I'll call around to find details once I know who to call! :)

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
sol_nice said:
Deluke,
Any idea who's trucking to AL? Is it going by train first or are we too close? Mine is hopefully in transit and I'll call around to find details once I know who to call! :)
Call your dealer and ask him he should know.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Rumor has it that GM is having trouble keeping track of of the sequencing status on the vehicles. My dealer called the DBC Monday and was told that my Sol was still at 400B and there was no other information. An hour later a truck delivered the car. "Who's on First"

1 - 13 of 13 Posts