Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my 07 GXP into the shop for a coolant leak. Figured it was the waterpump but it turned out the be a heater hose that's been discontinued (Part: 19129949)

Anyone know of any options for a replacement?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
https://www.wholesalegmpartsonline.com/showAssembly.aspx?ukey_assembly=389927&ukey_make=1030&ukey_model=14651&modelYear=2007&ukey_category=19494&ukey_driveLine=11486&ukey_trimLevel=25918
Outlet hose #1. Is it leaking at the quick disconnect end? If so, there should be a rebuild kit available (rubber oring, plastic washer, and a plastic fitting). If it is the hose, take it off and try to find some thing close. Even a hose without a quick disconnect can be hose clamped to the heater core. "MacGyver" it!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
https://www.wholesalegmpartsonline.com/showAssembly.aspx?ukey_assembly=389927&ukey_make=1030&ukey_model=14651&modelYear=2007&ukey_category=19494&ukey_driveLine=11486&ukey_trimLevel=25918
Outlet hose #1. Is it leaking at the quick disconnect end? If so, there should be a rebuild kit available (rubber oring, plastic washer, and a plastic fitting). If it is the hose, take it off and try to find some thing close. Even a hose without a quick disconnect can be hose clamped to the heater core. "MacGyver" it!
There are no rebuild kits that I could find. And the dealership will not "MacGyver" it nor will I. I've had too many issues with the coolant system over the years to start rigging hoses hoping for the best...

It's hard to believe somewhere there isn't a couple laying around on a shelf. Or someone hasn't made a replacement...

·
Registered
275 Posts
The DDM kit does not include the two heater hoses. There is a Gates hose that has similar bends, you just need to trim it to the correct length and add a quick connect (if you want to). I had posted the part number a few years ago but I can't seem to find it now. Your best bet is to take your old hose to your local auto parts and have them match it up with something close.

·
Premium Member
1,022 Posts
Sometimes rigging something is the only option and often times the rigged product works equally as well as the original. Drill two small holes in your thermostat - never deal with air issues.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Hello,

The Gates hoses work fine. I've used them on my '06. Like most aftermarket hoses, they need to be trimmed to length. You can re-use your existing quick-connects, or buy new ones from Dorman, etc.

·
Registered
143 Posts
The DDM kit does not include the two heater hoses. There is a Gates hose that has similar bends, you just need to trim it to the correct length and add a quick connect (if you want to). I had posted the part number a few years ago but I can't seem to find it now. Your best bet is to take your old hose to your local auto parts and have them match it up with something close.
Thanks for letting me know. I hadn't read the description and assumed something called a coolant kit would have all the hoses

1 - 16 of 16 Posts