Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi - I'm seeking advice on the least expensive alternatives to get my car back running. I'm getting smoke out the tailpipes and very rough idle. I pulled the plugs and one of them was coated in oil and the catch can was full of yellowish oil (possibly mixed with coolant). The car will be sitting on the driveway waiting to be fixed. I want to keep the 2.0 LNF motor so I'm looking to see if others have any experience getting motor rebuilt, replacing with a rebuilt motor or used low mileage motor. Thanks in advance. I'm out of warranty by the way.

·
Registered
6,934 Posts
Get it in to a shop that can tell you what has happened to the motor so you aren't guessing and asking on the internet.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I don't need to get it fixed right away so I'm trying to find a reputable shop (not dealer) and see what kind of financial commitment I would have to make before deciding. If anyone knows a good shop in the DC/MD/VA area that knows LNF's or if there is someone who knows the ins and outs of these motors and want to make some money on the side please let me know. I would consider shipping to a reasonable distance (East Coast).

·
Super Moderator
16,388 Posts
Get it diagnosed first. Then you will have a better idea of options.

Having low compression and oil suggests a ring, valve or maybe even a piston failure. Having coolant in the oil is a totally different issue.

If all you need is the top end pulled its not a huge deal. If it is a ring and the liner is scored then you have bigger issues. Or opportunities!:thumbs:

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
Well you may want to inquire with the vendors here on this forum.
Werks and DDM and see what they can tell you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts