Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
2006 Pontiac Solstice, 2.4L base model.
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Folks,

I recently got a good deal on some new wheels and tires for my 2005 Base Model Solstice (2.4L). The are 265/35R19 and like the how they look. However, I have a little too much gap at the top of the fender and would like to drop it about an inch or so. I have been doing some digging trying to find lowering springs for the base model, but I can't seem to find much out there. I see lowering spring sets for the turbo, but not the base. So, your input would be appreciated. Also, if I do lower it about an inch, would I have to consider getting an alignment? I did find this which says "no" with mild lowering: https://blog.tirerack.com/blog/make-driving-fun-2/five-common-myths-about-using-lowering-springs-to-lower-your-car But probably would still appreciate feedback on this. Thanks for the help on this folks!

·
Premium Member
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The same springs and shocks will fit all cars, and I would get an alignment.
OK, I was confused whey some were saying "turbo only" because I had thought the same as you said. And thanks on the alignment advice John.

·
Super Moderator
7,009 Posts
OK, I was confused whey some were saying "turbo only" because I had thought the same as you said. And thanks on the alignment advice John.
Where are you seeing "turbo only" ?

It would be good to get confirmation from someone else here also.

·
Premium Member
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Super Moderator
7,009 Posts
There are a set of H&R springs which would be a nice drop for my situation, but they seem to call out "turbo" on multiple sites which sell them. Pontiac Solstice 2006-2010 2.0l Turbo H&R Sport Lowering Springs by H&R Suspension - 50742

Thanks again John for the help on this.
Again, someone may have specific information, but the descriptions there are suspect at best as the 1.7" drop springs reportedly fit all Solstice, and the 1.6" drop springs fit all except coupe.

I find it interesting that they state that lowering the car will reduce wind resistance and increase fuel mileage.

·
Premium Member
3,728 Posts
Have a set of Eibachs on my car (base ) H&R is basically the same will lower your car 1 1/4 " in front and 1 " in the rear . There is no difference between the base and GXP springs other than marketing . I talked with a tech rep from Eibach when I purchased mine at the time they had a few different sets based on use street or track Eibach no longer makes them .

·
Premium Member
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks again for all the information folks, this is great! I wanted to share what I received from two of the places I contacted so far...

First was andysautosport.com
Suspension Techniques Sport-Tech Lowering Springs
https://www.andysautosport.com/products/suspension_techniques__60496.html
Fits On: 06-09 Pontiac Solstice
Front Lowering: 1.3"
Rear Lowering: 1.3"

And they have a camber kit they offered too:
We can get these for you.
https://www.spcalignment.com/component/spc/?task=part_description&pid=82070&region=USA&make=Pontiac&model=Solstice&year=2006%20-%202006&from=USAFrom&to=USATo
Front Adjustment range: Camber/Caster ±1.00°
Rear Adjustment range: Camber/Toe ±1.00°

Also www.kwautomotive.com gave me this offer:
Thank you for reaching out to ST Suspensions Customer Support regarding your inquiry in some lowering springs. Unfortunately, we do not carry any lowering springs for the Pontiac Solstice but we do have a ST X coilover for it. It is part number 13260049 if you'd like to see more information on it, you are able to look it up on the ST Suspensions online site. Also, we do not make any camber kits. If you have any questions or concerns feel free to contact me.
I found their part number several places, including eBay.

·
Registered
6,789 Posts
I've never been entirely clear on the spacers they fitted to the shocks to raise the cars or they could get down the production line. I've seen some people saying that their cars had them and that removing the spacers from the springs lowered the cars. Anyone know what the situation was on these?

·
Registered
42 Posts
I've never been entirely clear on the spacers they fitted to the shocks to raise the cars or they could get down the production line. I've seen some people saying that their cars had them and that removing the spacers from the springs lowered the cars. Anyone know what the situation was on these?
Following and I’ve wanted to lower my car an inch and hadn’t heard of this spacer people remove.

Very curious…

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,433 Posts
The ring that is on the bottom of the coil spring that held the spring in place?, They added a second ring above the first. This was only on the Z0K equipped cars as the springs were shorter. I know I have a picture somewhere, If I can find it I'll post it. (Note: can't find the pic.)

:thumbs:

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,433 Posts
Z0K shocks.jpg

Search SolsticeForum.com and you can find near to everything. These are Z0K shocks as delivered from the factory, mounted. There were 2 spring perches on each shock, for clearance on the production line and shipping purposes.

You're welcome.

:thumbs:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts