Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 08 GXP engine light came on and after driving a little while was flashing!

I put the OBD II on it and it pulled 2 codes of P0352 and 1 code for P0302.

P0352 - Ignition Coil B Primary/Secondary Circuit Malfunction
P0302 - Cylinder 2 Misfire Detected

I popped the hood and made sure all connections I could see where good and fuses seated well and cleared the codes.

I took it for a ride of maybe 30 or 40 miles yesterday and no codes. However, besides the codes and before and after seating and connecting everything well, as long as as riding modestly (no boost or slight 0-4psi), no issues, but if you give it any kind of throttle and boost say 4+ PSI, there is a snapping noise almost like an old car valves floating or detonation in the engine! Like I said, this was before and after and has not gone away. I'm a little suprised no codes are popping back up! :O

Can someone please let me know what they think might be the problem? Also, is this covered under the powertrain warranty or is this going to come out of my pocket?

These issues came up after getting the car back from a dealership on another issue that seems to be resolved, but I REFUSE to take it back to them as I feel they did not help me and may have caused additional problems and it cost me about $1,600 on the last round of repair! :O

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
7,146 Posts
Well, those codes imply the spark plug coil on cylinder 2 is bad. What was it that the dealership "fixed" earlier, and how soon did this pop-up afterward?

·
Registered
5,422 Posts
I'm with soup. I'd be holding the dealer's "parts" to the fire if this started right afterward.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the dealer dealt with the cooling system...radiator/hose and did a trans flush, so nothing engine directly or coil/plugs, etc. related, but it started after it left them, so I'm thinking they did something...disconnected and connected the battery and maybe friend the coil pack...or SOMETHING and they were motherf*ckers to deal with and I can 100% say they would be like...not under warranty and we didn't do it and pay up!

No way I'm giving them any more business. If I was a bad person I'd probably shot up the place and blown it up. Good thing I'm not, so just don't want to even attempt to give them any more business.

Soo, 1. Is this something I can fix myself or does it need to go in? 2. If this is a coil or whatever, the bumper-to-bumper is expired, but powertrain is, soo IS THIS COVERED?? I'd like to know this even before I think of taking it in.

Again, drove today. The noise sounds like detonation and when pushing it (again 4+ PSI). I'm really bewildered it's not poping a code anymore thou! Any ideas??

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
7,146 Posts
You need to get it seen to. You cant keep driving it like that if there's detonation, you'll ruin the piston/cylinder.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah, I'm not. I noted the issue. I tried to ensure all connections, etc. and redrove it. It's still there. your concern is already well noted.

i want to know if it's under warranty BEFORE i take it in. if it is, great, let them fix it. if not and i just looked up the ignition coils and they are $50 and a couple of screws...I COULD do it myself.

·
Registered
433 Posts
the dealer dealt with the cooling system...radiator/hose and did a trans flush, so nothing engine directly or coil/plugs, etc. related, but it started after it left them, so I'm thinking they did something...disconnected and connected the battery and maybe friend the coil pack...or SOMETHING and they were motherf*ckers to deal with and I can 100% say they would be like...not under warranty and we didn't do it and pay up!

No way I'm giving them any more business. If I was a bad person I'd probably shot up the place and blown it up. Good thing I'm not, so just don't want to even attempt to give them any more business.

Soo, 1. Is this something I can fix myself or does it need to go in? 2. If this is a coil or whatever, the bumper-to-bumper is expired, but powertrain is, soo IS THIS COVERED?? I'd like to know this even before I think of taking it in.

Again, drove today. The noise sounds like detonation and when pushing it (again 4+ PSI). I'm really bewildered it's not poping a code anymore thou! Any ideas??

Thanks for your help.
Hello,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing an issue with your vehicle. I see that you may have some questions that I might be able to answer with additional information. Could you private message?

Best regards,

Jennifer T.
GM Customer Care

1 - 7 of 7 Posts