Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not a tech person and I couldn't find this answer anywhere I searched, so please help me out. I knew OnStar wasn't going to be on my car, but did that affect the XM Radio? Does OnStar need to be active and working to have XM? We have both on another car and I thought they were independent. I ordered XM ,but in playing around after I left the dealership today, I don't think it's there..... ???????

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
suessecret said:
I'm not a tech person and I couldn't find this answer anywhere I searched, so please help me out. I knew OnStar wasn't going to be on my car, but did that affect the XM Radio? Does OnStar need to be active and working to have XM? We have both on another car and I thought they were independent. I ordered XM ,but in playing around after I left the dealership today, I don't think it's there..... ???????
XM was a option but Onstar was not available. I think. Mine is coming with XM.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
XM and OnStar are separate options

suessecret said:
XM is indeed a separate option from OnStar. Previously, OnStar was a "constrained" option, and not available, but XM was ordered (and not ordered) by many.

To find out if your order has XM, you can look at the option codes. Now, having said that, there IS a base requirement for XM, you must have one of the two radio head unit upgrades (That means the MP3/CD, or the 6 disc in-dash head)--the base radio is not offered with XM. OnStar is basically separate, but there seem to have been some additional constraints or requirements. Since you don't have OnStar, you should be able to determine which options you have by looking at the option codes from your order. To see a fairly complete options list, checkout http://solstice.inner-ninja.com/solstice.htm or http://www.kbb.com/

The specific code you're looking to see on your order is U2K

·
5,641 Posts
suessecret said:
I don't think it's there..... ???????

It's not.

Your car dosen't have the XM antenna (black "square") in the rear center of the deck lid, correct?

It wasn't built with XM.

Bonzo Audit Scorecard :)
Defend Dealership: No Critical Dealership: No
Defend GM: No Critical GM: No
Provide Infomation: Yes
Answer Question: Yes
General Conversation: No

·
Registered
383 Posts
suessecret said:
Simple to know if you have XM..is there an antenna on your deck lid (trunk)? If there is..you have XM. You should be able to go to the AUX radio and it will play. You get three months of free service after which you will have to pay 12.95 per month.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
suessecret said:
I have the U2K on my order form and I have the 6 CD player. I don't have the small black square on the deck lid. Looks like someone screwed up........ Thanks for all your help!
Glad to be of service.

My hope is that they will be able to retrofit the XM option onto the car. You're the first to go through the process, so let us know how it turns out.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Crimson Avenger said:
Glad to be of service.

My hope is that they will be able to retrofit the XM option onto the car. You're the first to go through the process, so let us know how it turns out.
I worry about getting it "not factory installed." But I'll talk to the dealer today and will fur sure keep everyone posted.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.