Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok got a question, anyone of you heard of a additional 3500 being tacked on to the msrp on the new purchases within the last two days.....I went yesterday to place an order and was told that Pontiac has just tacked on an additonal 3500 to the base price, and it was hand-written on the brochure.........

:willy:

·
4,592 Posts
DeepBlue said:
Ok got a question, anyone of you heard of a additional 3500 being tacked on to the msrp on the new purchases within the last two days.....I went yesterday to place an order and was told that Pontiac has just tacked on an additonal 3500 to the base price, and it was hand-written on the brochure.........

I'm pretty confident you have a scoop on this, should it prove to be true. No news I've seen about this round here.

If true, the Sol goes down a notch on my list of toys to buy.

·
4,592 Posts
:agree:

Yep, sounds like a dealer markup more than anything.

·
Registered
139 Posts
DeepBlue said:
I went yesterday to place an order and was told that Pontiac has just tacked on an additonal 3500 to the base price, and it was hand-written on the brochure........
If that's what the dealer told you, I'd complain to GM about this dealer's sleazy business practices. Yes, the dealer has a right to mark up the car, but they can't defraud you and pretend that there's a new MSRP. (There isn't).

·
2,574 Posts
DeepBlue said:

17.5% markup in the debut month with press embargos being lifted very shortly. That might be short sighted, Don't you think?

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Just go to the Pontiac website and you will see that the base price is still $19,995. I would be really surprised to see any price increase before the start of a new MY. It would damage everything they are attempting to accomplish with this car.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.